Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Static Caravan Safety Check - Re-issue of Certificate after Doing Work. in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Gram

Gram New Member

My static caravan, running off bottled LPG, had its boiler service and gas safety check carried out (at, in my view, an exorbitant price of £170) in late February.
    The gas engineer came back yesterday to remove the lounge gas fire and cap off its supply.
    In order that I have a record of him carrying out the capping-off he intends to carry out another safety check and issue another certificate.
    Can someone tell me, please, is this normal practice?
    Thanks,
    G

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Wouldn't do a whole safety check as it's not needed just need to do a tightness test of the gas line and paperwork for that

3. firemant

firemant Plumber GSR

Does he intend to charge for the safety check? Do you rent out the caravan or is it for your family only?
    Assuming there is no rental implications, there is no REQUIREMENT for a safety check at all (possibly unless specified by the site owners), so no need for another. All you need is a receipt for work done, detailing hos actions. ie disconnect fire

4. Gram

Gram New Member

Thanks, firemant.
    The site owner requires an annual gas safety check.
    The gas engineer will bill the site owner, the site owner will bill me.
    I omitted to mention that he did a gas tightness test before and after removing the fire.
    G

5. firemant

firemant Plumber GSR

Frankly,I would not let him back in for another safety check. Especially as you probably have to pay him PLUS the site owners commission