Search the forum,

Discuss Stat wiring advice on a Worcester? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I’m fitting a Worcester 30si tomorrow and it’s having a Nest stat. I’m terrible with wiring so any advice you guys could give me would be great? Cheers

Easy Ls live out to nest live
Neutral to hive
Link L to 2
Then 3 to lr on boiler

Seriously chaps. I know live neutral earth from fuse spur to boiler and that’s it. I’m trying to really break it down if I’m honest. I assume there’s an existing spur there so that’s my live to the boiler and then I’m stuck. Really does my head in.

Seriously chaps. I know live neutral earth from fuse spur to boiler and that’s it. I’m trying to really break it down if I’m honest. I assume there’s an existing spur there so that’s my live to the boiler and then I’m stuck. Really does my head in.

Already told you how to do it :D

Ls to live on the stat
Neutral from boiler
Link live to 2 on the stat
3 to Lr

Haha. Sorry mate.
So I’d need a five core flex coming from the boiler to the nest hub? What do I do with the 5th wire not used ?

tape up and leave i normally do or snip off

you could get away with a 3 core but its a bit tight

Do I not need an earth coming off the boiler to the hub? I’m even more confused now cos your telling me one way and a colleague saying another. He’s not taking anything from the LS port on the boiler

no earth point and the case / touchable parts are plastic

hes going from the boiler live isnt he? problem is its hard to get two cores into one terminal upto you but i would use ls and lr

no earth point and the case / touchable parts are plastic

hes going from the boiler live isnt he? problem is its hard to get two cores into one terminal upto you but i would use ls and lr
Ok so how am I taking a neutral from the boiler to the hub?

If I’m doing your head in mate just tell me to Sod off. I’ve asked a colleague to pop out and show me cos I’m sure it’s a piece of piddle after doing one. Typically I was told no

Ok so how am I taking a neutral from the boiler to the hub?

If I’m doing your head in mate just tell me to **** off. I’ve asked a colleague to pop out and show me cos I’m sure it’s a piece of piddle after doing one. Typically I was told no

chock block or wago

better to ask than not know and struggle

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/c/elect...VbbHtCh14nQYuEAAYASAAEgKlmPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

How did you get on ?

Electrocuted.jpg

I’m here chaps ha. I managed to get it done thank you. Thanks for the advice. I was quite lucky really as the existing programmer had a 5 core going into the old boiler. So really all I had to do was link 2-live in the hub.

Reply to Stat wiring advice on a Worcester? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, I have a set up with rads upstairs and UFH downstairs. I have installed the manifold for the UFH along with 2x Honeywell 2port values, one near the manifold and the other on the radiator side. I will be using Nest 3rd gen thermostats to control both the upstairs radiators and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m a newbie here so please be gentle 😇 I’m in uk and recently bought a house with a few plumbing issues and hope that this forum can help me sort them out I’m pretty good with diy so can’t see any problems doing any work myself Will be posting the problems I’m having shortly 👍
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock