Search the forum,
  • Thread starter woodytheplumber
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K

Discuss Stair rods in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this exact set, really good! & the custards love em!!

nice one I have just ordered them I always double sheet stairs if I don't roll and stroll them but the sheets move like crazy and these look the part

Look really handy and won't break the bank either.....regards Turnpin:smile5:

Yeah those stair sheets are an accident waiting to happen! These keep the sheets nice & tight so much safer & looks professional.

But, how long is it going to be before a customer claims your lovely stair rods have damaged their paint work of varnish coating on said stairs.

But, how long is it going to be before a customer claims your lovely stair rods have damaged their paint work of varnish coating on said stairs.

Never had that yet & been using the same set years!

More chance of slipping on a dust sheet & spilling that black radiator water down the stairs on your dust sheets without these bad boys!!

I only use mine when I lay stair sheets, so on bigger jobs where I'm running up & down all day!!

I use them all the time. Hold the dust sheet nice and steady and makes it look nice and neat too. I would highly recommend them.

I wouldn't want to leave the roll and stroll stuff down over night in case someone was walking around in socks and slipped, I know highly unlikely but they would soon be claiming off you.

I use roll and stroll quite a bit. However when I did contract work for social housing bathrooms we used roll and stroll then it was banned because it was slippy if you got a drip of water on it so health and safety said cant use it. Then tanants complained about crap on the carpets so we used roll and stroll. Then it was banned because it was slippy.......

This went on for months [emoji3]

On the plus side the roll and stroll I use is still what I ahem cough cough acquired on said contract cough. [emoji38]

I often use roll and stroll when doing compeat bathrooms but now I have got the stair rods I send 2 stair blankets down and they don't move a inch and look the part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stair rods in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and the domestic heat exchanger for the hot water tank (300litres). Old heating system with steel 2-inch pipes and cast iron segmented rads We were warned...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
I am renovating a house, which currently has no plumbing. Attached is the design for the house. I'm getting a plumber to fit the boiler and core central heating zones. I am fitting the bathroom, kitchen and radiators. I was planning to use PEX, but I am struggling with availability of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock