Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Stainless steel undermounted sink coming away in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Phil

Phil Plumber

I've fitted loads of normal sinks but have been asked to fix one that's dropped about an inch, haven't seen it yet but god knows whats supporting it at the moment.

My question is what is the bonder that glues it to the underside of the worktop?

2. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

Ct1

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phil

Phil Plumber

Thanks Matchless, is that what they actually use or is that what you would use to fix it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BYP

BYP GSR

They should come with clips that support them. Maybe see if you can buy the clips separately if needed. If so you could just use silicone on the under, then fix down the clips.

5. Phil

Phil Plumber

Its a granite worktop and i've read the clips need drilling and its not recommended for granite.

6. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Undermounted sinks are a nightmare.
    Usually the sink is installed over chipboard or MDF, with the lip of the sinkholding the sink in place.
    The problems begin with when the silicon seal from the benchtop to the sink is not maintained and water gets into the chipboard or MDF.
    The sink just drops away.

To fix, we have in the past supported the sink with a timber or steel frame to hold the sink in position and re silicon.
    Not much else you can do without removing the benchtop.

7. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

To be fair, I fitted ones on a granite worktop and would not try tpdeilling the holes so I used ct1. It is bonded very well and had No Leads for the last 2 years. So i think Thats the Best what of dealing with it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Phil

Phil Plumber

I've got some black CT-1, I've never used this stuff I normally use Clearfix.

9. BYP

BYP GSR

In that case I’d probably try and do what Oz-plumber suggested. Not sure I would be confident just using ct1 to secure it myself.

10. Phil

Phil Plumber

Stupid modern day kitchens, all style and no substance, I will build a frame as well.

11. Phil

Phil Plumber

It CT-1 better than Evostick sticks like sh*t?

CT-1 is such a duff name, they should call it something else like Bonds like a Ba57ard.

12. BYP

BYP GSR

No idea I haven’t tried the evostick one, although I have used ct1 and it’s great stuff. I just wouldn’t use an adhesive as the main primary for fixing in a kitchen sink.