Search the forum,

Discuss spring baffles in secondary heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps,

Pet hate of mine..... but just how do you clean these darned springs in a warm flow HE boiler?

cheers

dave

I detest cleaning them also. Seems to take most of the service time.
Whack them against the inside of a bucket to try and remove most of the sulphur.
You could try removing them when starting to service the boiler and leave them submerged in a large bucket of water to soak.

We used to clean them with hard brushes and liquids to get them clean properly. the concentrate was very aggressive and would remove the sulphur and black stuff easily.

Get a bucket with soapy water soak them in it, clean the rest of the boiler and by that time they wipe clean with a cloth. Also warmflow recommend changing the rubber heat exchanger seal every service.

I agree with the above, put in a bucket of hot water to soak whilst cleaning the rest, then I scrub with a dish brush (not wire!).
I did hear once about putting washing machine tablets in the water but I've found hot water does the job superbly!
Always change the rubber seal 3009 I think is the part number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to spring baffles in secondary heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock