Search the forum,

Discuss Split system single Ufh/Ch zone to two zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Any advice on the following:

I have Worcester 35 combi, joule 210 unvented cyclinder, radiator central heating and polypipe UFH.

3 valves to control UFH, CH and hotwater.

I have Honeywell programmer with Tado extension connected to the programmer. The Tado thermostat is in the room with UFH. This controls the UFH and CH.

The back room with UFH is at the correct temp, the rest of the house isnt warm enough. So I think I need to get this hooked up as 2nd zone.

The question is what kit do I need?

Would another Tado extension be required?

You need a three channel programmer so you have time control on each circuit, temperature control via the tado for the UFH and a second thermostat for the radiator circuit, the hot water is controlled via the 3rd channel and the 2 port valve piped to the joule cylinder giving you time and temperature control on each circuit. Cheers Kop

Thanks for response so far.

More info:

My Tado thermostat is hard wired to UFH. Could I get away with adding a wireless tado thermostat for 2nd zone? I'm thinking this talking to the extension box controls my Ch. If temperature is ok with wired tado to ufh this stays off. To simplistic?

The Tado doesn’t have the capacity/capability to control 2 heating zones (in your case heating and underfloor) as well as hot water.

In my opinion the way round that would be to purchase the smart TRV’s and connect the central heating and underfloor heating zone valves together. Then regulate the temperature room by room.

Reply to Split system single Ufh/Ch zone to two zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock