Search the forum,

Discuss Spirit level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih1

Gas Engineer
About to splash out and get a stabila spirit level what do use guys use. Should a pay £60 for one or just go for a run of the mill one

One with the replaceable rubber ends.
they touch the wall so it doesn't slip as your mark up

What's it for rads and pipes? Get a 600mm box level from wicks. I have a few stabila levels but cheap one gets all rdh love!!

600mm £25 will be better value and u won't hurt so much when it's broken or lost?

As a boat level I get Stanley ones from screwfix that have a 1 year warranty. When they seem to be out I take them back to screwfix every year and get a new one!

Stanley fat max XL are the nuts. Best level I've ever used, by far.

Had a few mates with stabilas that have warped

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottle of nuclear brown ale on its side............shut one eye and the jobs a goodun...

Stabila 83's or r beams are probably about the best levels.
I still have a few rabone i beams but you can't buy them anymore.

I have some of my dad's rathbone beam levels with twin phials (adjustable) love the smell of tool shed at parents. Even got a wooden one which beats my modern stabila but not my Leica or the trusted c50 dumpy. Got one cowley left - awful.

I've got a bahco 1m level I use for rads. My boat level is stabia. The Stanley fatmax boat level are dog ****.

always get one with a right angled bubble at either end the 45 degree bubble is a waste of time youll never use it and half the time youll have the wrong end up
with led lights appearing on everything im suprised no ones brought one out with illumination built in, gas gauges should have them as well

Stanley fat max XL are the nuts. Best level I've ever used, by far.

Had a few mates with stabilas that have warped

i have recently invested in the new fatmax extreme 1200 level. 5x stronger frame and lifetime gaurentee on accuracy. its the best level i have used by far.

Stabila is the trusted level. Have Bacho torpedo and stabila torpedo. 600 box level for hanging rads and small jobs. Last 600 was a wicks one- 3 years old and still going strong . Bought a new ox one from indi. Cost £30 plus apparently.... Got it for £19. Nice and strong but end caps a bit long and not flush with level face so make carting a line round internal corner more fun than I should bec

i still have my clarke cheapy 600 box level from machine mart. still going strong after 3-4 years.
just got a toolbox level by stabila only 9 squids at bandq at moment.

I had been stabila for best part of 11 years recently got the fat max XL levels and they are just wow!

Last edited:
they just ooze quality dont they rob? i almost feel like a professional when i use mine...:44:

Not sure how a level can get anyone excited but I do take a minute from time to time just to appreciate the thought that went into it.

i have to say in general since the Stanley dewalt merger Stanley tool quality is phenomenal the screwdrivers are the business both standard and vde. Tool bags are nice and tough tapes are of a nice quality it's the fatmax XL range really great gear at fairly sensible prices

Agree it's nice to see Stanley are back producing tools not just wafer thin rubbish.

I had been stabila for best part of 11 years recently got the fat max XL levels and they are just wow!

ialso have had stabila for 10+ years 2ft and a torpedo level with the 45* bubble and the earth magnets

But after seeing all the builders with the 6ft fat max xl I bought a 2ft and spoiled myself and got a 4ft for rads

i also have a cheap non branded stabila rip off 6ft Level with is surprising good

i like the fat max boat level but dad gave me my stabila boat level when I started still use daily so won't be changing that any time soon

all the best swift

I'm also thinking of getting some new levels. Either the 196-2 or the r-types. Anyone got either that they can recommend.

Look nice mine are older 83s or. 82 series box levels. Almost 10 years old!!!

Love my 900mm Fatmax. Lay it on top of skirting, adjust to level and it is perfect for the bottom of rad bracket. All rads same height and no faffing about with tape measures. It saves loads of time especially with the fact that at 900mm, it covers both rad brackets at the same time on average household radiators without having to move it.

I agree with others a 600mm level is about all you'll need for most jobs a Plumber will do. I think I've two a Stibilo & a cheapo from Screwflux. I normally just use the cheapo one on site.

Get yourself a cheap Stanley laser level its got cross level you can plumb up and across, tiling is easy, don't have to fiddle
like holding a level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spirit level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock