Search the forum,

Discuss Sparking pcb boiler breakdown Baxi Solo 3 pfl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Boiler has broken down this evening and in need of some advice before I shell out more money.

Story- had boiler serviced Friday, local chap came checked gas consumption, did fga, checked gas pressure, cleaned exchanger and all the other jazz. He did find that there was no fan gasket seal and someone had bodged it with fire cement, but got that replaced and all was well an amount of money later.

So boiler working fine that evening and this morning. Went out for half an hour and came back to find house smelling of that ozone electric burning smell. Sniffed about and smelled it coming from boiler. Switched boiler off and went out for the day. Called installer and explained situation he said it’s nothing he’s touched that’s caused the issue which I believe. Switched boiler on this evening to have another look and could see pcb sparking somewhere and immediately turned off again.

My question is- if I get the pcb replaced by this chap could it just fry straight away again? Can’t afford to do this twice at the moment. Thanks for any advice.

Hi all,

Boiler has broken down this evening and in need of some advice before I shell out more money.

Story- had boiler serviced Friday, local chap came checked gas consumption, did fga, checked gas pressure, cleaned exchanger and all the other jazz. He did find that there was no fan gasket seal and someone had bodged it with fire cement, but got that replaced and all was well an amount of money later.

So boiler working fine that evening and this morning. Went out for half an hour and came back to find house smelling of that ozone electric burning smell. Sniffed about and smelled it coming from boiler. Switched boiler off and went out for the day. Called installer and explained situation he said it’s nothing he’s touched that’s caused the issue which I believe. Switched boiler on this evening to have another look and could see pcb sparking somewhere and immediately turned off again.

My question is- if I get the pcb replaced by this chap could it just fry straight away again? Can’t afford to do this twice at the moment. Thanks for any advice.
Go on, How much is an amount ?

Reply to Sparking pcb boiler breakdown Baxi Solo 3 pfl in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I'd appreciate advice on what the potential issue could be with this boiler. Its a heat only Ideal Icos 18 fitted to an open vent system It had been switched off during the summer and had occassionally been used to heat water. Turned it one a few days ago and I could smell some...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
I need some help with a Worcester Junior 28i gas boiler and I'm hoping someone here may have came across this fault before ... I have checked the following: 240v at supply connections All internal push on connections are correctly fitted to the PCB board The transformer is giving the correct...
Replies
Views
P
So, we were quoted for a Baxi boiler by a local boiler man. He came out and installed a Main. He said it's a Baxi. It's not what we were quoted and he's saying that they're Baxi. I understand they're part of Baxi but they're not actually Baxi boilers right!? He also told us he needed to sort all...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock