Search the forum,

Discuss sounds like an expansion problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,
just had this enquiry come through my website...
"Every night the boiler starts banging and the pressure is all over the place, with water pouring out of the overflow pipe outside. The only way i have found to stop this is to turn the boiler off and release the pressure in the boiler but it can start all over again when you switch it back on. Could you give me a quote on sorting this problem out please"

waiting for details on boiler but i'm thinking expansion vessel could be knackered or filling loop is passing. Not been to job yet just wanted your first impressions.

could be the filling loop passing or plate heat exchanger with small split,as water pressure increases at night due to lack of use in area,so pressure creeps up n boiler

Or maybe property built on old nunnery and something more sinister is happening :eek:

ahh yes....never thought about that one.....it's a baxi combi by the way,didn't say whether his house was built on a old nunnery so i'm ruling out any dead nun tomfoolery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sounds like an expansion problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach OVER 2.5bar also whilst running CH. Is this more than likely a flat Expansion Vessel that needs inflating or could there be other possible causes if...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is at 1.5 - 2 bar, but the expansion vessel has no air in it, and it's leaking water. No water is coming out of the Schrader valve either. The system...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock