Search the forum,

Discuss something not quite right in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is the heating on a Honeywell Y plan system which fails to come on in the evenings, just when you really need it.
All day, all night, no problem, the heating responds perfectly but when it comes to around 8pm it just does not want to know.
When this happens there is no supply to the pump but on an independent supply it works fine.
At the same time the boiler does not ignite either (Thorn Olympic 38/50) so I guess there's no supply to that.
The programmer is set to constant for both hot water and heating, there's no problem with the hot water, just the heating.
After farting around all evening trying to sort this out I eventually turn the stat down before hitting the sack and if I'm still awake around midnight I hear the ruddy boiler cut in and the heating is back on.
So annoying to think my dog is getting a comfortable night downstairs.
This problem has been occurring for several days now and unless you know of a simple answer it looks like its a job for the experts.

Not for me but I know somebody will ask for a photo of the stat soon.
In the meantime change beds with the dog? :) (Sorry couldn`t resist it)

The problem is the heating on a Honeywell Y plan system which fails to come on in the evenings, just when you really need it.
All day, all night, no problem, the heating responds perfectly but when it comes to around 8pm it just does not want to know.
When this happens there is no supply to the pump but on an independent supply it works fine.
At the same time the boiler does not ignite either (Thorn Olympic 38/50) so I guess there's no supply to that.
The programmer is set to constant for both hot water and heating, there's no problem with the hot water, just the heating.
After farting around all evening trying to sort this out I eventually turn the stat down before hitting the sack and if I'm still awake around midnight I hear the ruddy boiler cut in and the heating is back on.
So annoying to think my dog is getting a comfortable night downstairs.
This problem has been occurring for several days now and unless you know of a simple answer it looks like its a job for the experts.

Is the Heating on timed or do you have everything on constant?

You know who will want the stat photo, think we can leave the dog out of it for now unless he is controlling the stat when his master goes to bed. :)

Sounds like a pub. The Old Dog n Stat Inn (bed).

I think I know who wants the photo

Reactions: rpm
Thanks guys, really helpful, this is my second and last unsuccessful post on this forum, what a waste of space you top contributors are.
My dog has more between its ears than you lot put together.
Don't bother to reply. I'm out of here, bye bye.

• Optimistic
Reactions: pip
A lot of guys aren't home yet, can`t we have a banter amongst ourselves. And what about answering post #3!

Thanks guys, really helpful, this is my second and last unsuccessful post on this forum, what a waste of space you top contributors are.
My dog has more between its ears than you lot put together.
Don't bother to reply. I'm out of here, bye bye.

You have my apologies if I offended you. Obviously I cannot speak on behalf of RPM but my thoughts are that we were merely amusing ourselves whilst awaiting your response to my question.

You didn't answer it but until you do, I can't continue with any advice.

Would you like to continue?

logan 1, what an absolute ar5e you are
You were asked a question to help determine the cause of your problem which you didn't bother to answer, just chose to act like a petulant child who couldn't have an ice cream straight away
Ring British Gas and get them around to sort it, hopefully the cost will p1ss you off even more
Toodle pip:D

I`m stuck at home with a bug meaning I have to be close to the bathroom so any distraction was a welcome one.

logan 1, what an absolute ar5e you are
You were asked a question to help determine the cause of your problem which you didn't bother to answer, just chose to act like a petulant child who couldn't have an ice cream straight away
Ring British Gas and get them around to sort it, hopefully the cost will p1ss you off even more
Toodle pip:D
It has been 4hrs since he posted jonny, guess we aren't quick enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to something not quite right in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock