Search the forum,

Discuss Some help required in DUNDEE please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Busta87

Hi,

i have came across this forum while looking for a solution after a job being left by a plumber. As far as im aware it appears he has had trouble getting the 8mm pipe connected to the reducer then to the tvr. I think that info is correct if not sorry he appears to have been messing around too much and has cut too much pipe.

I would like to know if another plumber could sort this as i believe you can joint and solder etc. The pipes come down the wall so unable to do anything under the floorboards etc. Hope someone could help me out needing to get this fixed asap as my girlfriend is pregnant and today is her due date so definitely more unneeded stress thanks to the radiator situation. Would like to know what needs to be done to resolve this so when i speak to local plumbers i will have some info myself.

thanks in advance, mark

yes its sortable, where do you live, im sure someone can sort you out mate

Cheers gasman this is my first baby so more stress due to not having a clue what to do. Just want this radiator sorted asap so this is out the way

i live in Dundee mate tried to look for someone local in the sticky but was unable to find one will take another look i dont even want to touch the plumbing believe it should never be a diy job too much can go wrong with leaks etc. Also congratz on your up and coming new addition

mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I've edited the thread title and moving this to the lookin for a plumber section.

Good luck my friend and congratulations on the baby!

Cheers guys. Thanks for moving the thread but I want to just clarify this issue could be resolved no problem? obviously based on the information i have given you.

Just stressing out now got someone having a look at it tonight so hope it goes ok if it does I will get this thread closed.

Mark

Cheers mate appreciate the assistance on the forum from the members in this thread. Just the hassle with the previous plumber messing me around wanted some help from qualified plumbers to say yeah it is an easy fix etc.

I took a big rad out and put 2 in last week they was on 8 mm pipe so i cut it all out and ran them in 10mm 8 is a nightmare but very meallable

Well guys i have had a plumber over to look it over and has said it is an easy fix. He is going to cut the pipe further up the wall (under the plastic tracking) add a coupling to it and new 8mm pipe. Also upon looking at the work the other plumber kinked the pipe by the lockshielf valve that much it is practically closed. Unbelievable so it is getting fixed tomorrow after my work thank god :) still tempted to shop this apparently fully qualified plumber.

Once again thanks guys for your input and helping me calm down knowing all is not lost.

mark

That's what we're here for old son. As far as the other guy goes chalk it up to experience, I'm afraid you'll get nowhere. The best thing you can do is not recommend him if anyone asks if you know a plumber, recommend the new guy instead.

Good luck with the wee one, and congratulations again! I guarantee you'll be walking around with a big stupid grin for a full week after little'un comes!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the plumber who fixes it does a good job make sure to keep a business card, its good practice to use the same people if they are reliable :)

good luck with the baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some help required in DUNDEE please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock