Search the forum,

Discuss Some Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raji

Hi I need to replace a boiler in my property (its a ravenheat). I have talked to a few plumbers and one is suggesting the potterton titanium or Worcester greenstar 30si. Does anyone have any thoughts on which is the more reliable. I have had another place where I installed a Valliant Ecotec plus 24kw for the 7 year warranty. The plumber is also suggesting a powerflush is not necessary and would check the magnaclean filter after two days to see the condition of the system and then I can instruct him to powerflush if required. Is this correct practice. I though all new boiler installations should be powerflushed? Cheers Raji

Most plumbers will suggest different boilers based on their preference. Take into consideration the installation as you want a good install not a bodge.
So go with whom you feel will do a good job.

new boilers should be flushed out manually as a minimum not powerflushed, I prefer to do it this way rather than powerflush.

you are spending a lot of money, get it done right 1st time.

My suggestion is an Intergas boiler, have a look at them.

Have fitted a few of the Potterton's and they seem to work very well , if it's length of warranty you are looking at think about the Baxi Platinum it's got 10 years ! more or less same boiler as the Potterton.

if your not flushing intergas most others will block after a while if ****ty system, I want to be around in 10 years to see the excuses for not repairing the boilers all these manufacturers come up with

if your not flushing intergas most others will block after a while if ****ty system, I want to be around in 10 years to see the excuses for not repairing the boilers all these manufacturers come up with
Yes agree with what your saying, but it is a good selling point, and as long as its been fitted as per requirements, and serviced then it's their problem. I also always fit a inline filter even though it's not required by boiler maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock