Search the forum,

Discuss Soldering mat differences in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Decided to push the boat out and buy a new soldering mat. Prices vary wildly from around£5 which is like my current one which has lasted me 10 yrs plus, only DIY use, up to one at nearly £30 made by Rothenberger is this price justified?

No I just double up on the cheap £2 ones

I usually give the cheapo matts a spray with heat barrier.

Warning though...it does not work as a delay spray.

Pound shop?:D

Usually it's buy cheap, buy twice.
But in this case Shaun is right.
Buy twice is still cheaper, about 7.5 times..

An expensive, £30 one will, go missing, get stolen or get damaged.

Tried them all even the Roth £30 one lasted once and then split and then Burt behind so out that went

I will need some copper pipe for when she lets me fit more rads in spring so will order a couple of the £2 mats as well.

A report back from the OP would be appreciated when possible. I'm in the buy cheap and throw away camp. Always reminding myself they are a couple of mil of woven glassfibre, not some kryptonite - adamantium alloy!!

Last edited:
They all get burnt after lots of use, none will last you a life time if it's used day in/day out. My monument one lasted over a year.

Shillbuilder's got a YouTube about ye holy mat - I've never bothered with it tbh seems a bit of a gimmick- but I'm always happy to be proved wrong.

Reply to Soldering mat differences in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock