Search the forum,

Discuss Solar Panelling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Banks

Had a few neighbours have solar panelling put up recently and just wanted to see what people's views are and anything that should be asked

Any help on this cos all these freebies cant be good as we all know there is nothing for free!!

its still all up in the air,
the more i hear the less i like it
did you know that year on year the efficiency of pv solar panels go down
they will slowly get worse and worse until they are not producing enuf elec to supply your home, never mind feed it back into the grid for payment..!!
15-20 years is projected lifespan after which they will be about 15% efficient and will need replacing
green deal, feed in tariff and renewable heat incentive are all govment incentives to install renewables but conditions apply in the small print and prob only benefit a small number of cases
at the mo its all propaganda put out by gov and its agencies
the ones making the money are the providers getting businesses MCS accredited which you have to be to get gov money
and that costs, with no help from gov
i think i will leave it a couple of years
look what happened with the home buyers survey and energy performance cert....!!

imho :)

MCS registered solar pv panels have a 25 year performance guarantee they are only about 15% efficient when installed. I think youve got your figures wrong tommy!

markfxy is correct...... they dont drop their effieciency to 15%. they start anywhere between 12% and 22% on day one.. most of the big players in the pv industry garentee against panel degredation. they promise they will only loose a maximum of iirc20% ( of their 12>22% )

the original 20% efficiency lable on day one is not really relavant to anything. a 240w panel is a 240w panel regardless of 10% or 50% the only difference is the physical surface area of the panel. ie a 10% panel being bigger than the 20%

if you got the cash kicking around and you canget pv on your roof and registered by 10th dec do it. you will get the 43.3p p/kw FIT after then its dropping to 21.1p p/kw and the maths dont really stack up for doing it.

im putting a 3kw system on my roof next week. i am mcs and it is still worth doing. but not for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar Panelling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock