Search the forum,

Discuss Solar certification?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OGBUzzard

Hi Everyone I'm working on a big job and we've got a solar system built into the hot water supply. We've had an outrageous quote and they've said they only connect the last meter of pipe work and we must do everything else. I'm wondering why we can't do it all ourselves and if it needs certification, does it need signing off like gas work does? One of my colleagues said the building inspector normally checks his and he's not passed any exams or got any qualifications. the solar array is already in place and most of the pipe work too. it would be much easier for us to connect the final parts up ourselves as we've been given a schematic drawing from the architects and all it is is basically a 3 port valve and a pump attached to the heat dump fan which is already piped and in place..... Any solar experts who can help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar certification?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar diverters are nothing new, but as far as I can see the current hybrid systems all require a change of boiler and I'm going to propose a system which could use...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife decided she wanted new modern bathtaps instead of the old 'supertaps' we've had since we bought the place. So we bought the new taps and I tried fitting them yesterday but the new taps don't have the same fitting length as the old ones, this wasn't aproblem on the hot supply as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock