Search the forum,

Discuss Soil stack and waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Check out this lovely work!!
Waste from basin into guttering which runs into the ground.... Just have a look at the pics.
Is it acceptable to run waste into? guttering
Would you work with what there is to some degree making some(a lot)alterations or strip it back and start again?

IMG_20190515_132020.jpg

IMG_20190515_132009.jpg

IMG_20190515_131035.jpg

IMG_20190515_130800.jpg

It is a combined system. Tidy up ,replace cracked pipes. Make it look good and be properly done is the job. The budget isn't massive but we'll listen to suggestions to make it proper.

It looks like a combined system. A glance at the utility bill will confirm its status. My previous house had separate system for which we recieved a discount which over the 20 years we had it added up. So that might be an incentive to tidy this up. Running bathroom waste into guttering is not good anyway. Put the rainwater into a good sized water butt and run the excess into a soakaway, tell the utility who will be delighted and give you a discount, thats my practical experience. centralheatking

Reply to Soil stack and waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Hi Oracles of all things plumbing, I have to replace a cast iron soil stack which is simple enough, done a few up here in Scotland, however, client wants to retain the 3" toilet waste as he does not want an enlarged hole making in a newly rendered wall, which 110 to 75mm fitting is best? trying...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
We have a bathroom where drainage runs across the house to soil stack. After shower especially in night when there is high temperature difference between inside and out there is clicking noises that impacts our bedroom (1) and more annoyingly our 3rd olds room (2)! I am wondering what could be...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock