Search the forum,

Discuss Soil stack and sanitary air testing issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

Currently trying to test sanitary wear on a big site and obviously getting problems everywhere.

Recently left for a week and came back and was given different testing gear. All of a sudden when I'm testing I'm getting the reading on the gauge going up!? I've checked all the valves on the test bags and they're all fine. So how can pressure be going up!?

Can't figure it out. Any help appreciated

Has the ambient temperature gone up since you started the test?

Is any part of the system exposed to sunlight?
( or should I say, for the 3 minutes a day when you get sunlight, was that when you checked your testing gear )

If so, that is why the pressure has gone up.

Did you install what you're testing?
If not is there a waste connected into it that's discharging water and you've missed it?

Has the ambient temperature gone up since you started the test?

Is any part of the system exposed to sunlight?
( or should I say, for the 3 minutes a day when you get sunlight, was that when you checked your testing gear )

If so, that is why the pressure has gone up.

No as far as I'm aware the temperature has stayed the same. Feels like it anyways, it's cold in here.
Did you install what you're testing?
If not is there a waste connected into it that's discharging water and you've missed it?

No I didn't. Yeah that's a good point, I'll have to find that out. Having problems locating a leak now! Nightmare

How big is the increase and over what period?

Over the course of a five minute test changes in barometric pressure of about a 1mm H20 are to be expected can go up or down depending on the weather, and there's been a lot of weather over the last few days.

Reply to Soil stack and sanitary air testing issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock