Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe inlet too high for toilet pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm replacing a toilet pan & the current install has a pan connected to the soil pipe with a flexi wate, but the pan exit is almost 100% lower than the soil pipe entry. Short of setting the pan on plinth, what would be the correct install?

lower the soil pipe

What is your soil pipe, plastic? Attach photograph of your setup

mko4.jpg

If you use 2x offsets as above, and have the space you may get away with it.
Obviously, Rubbish doesnt go uphill, you'll get away with upto a couple mm difference
Happy flushing!

Last edited:
I think that's not possible. it goes into a stud wall, but without cutting the wall away I can't see where is eventually lowers.

only option is raise the toilet / pan

What is your soil pipe, plastic? Attach photograph of your setup

mko4.jpg

If you use 2x offsets as above, and have the space you may get away with it.
Obviously, **** doesnt go uphill, you'll get away with upto a couple mm difference
Happy flushing!
Bad idea do it properly

Is there a variation? Its doesn't seem to appear in the specs for the pans I've looked at.
I once had had a similar issue where the outlet was 9" high to centre (a typical toilet outlet is 7 1/2" high to centre). I was able to order a toilet to suit this waste outlet, It wasn't comfort height and it came from plumb centre, this was about 12 years ago though o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Soil pipe inlet too high for toilet pan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a separate issue), it leaks from somewhere at the back. I can't tell where it's from but can tell for sure it's not from the water inlet or the toilet side...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed because of an extension below. The new pan connector keeps dripping on a full flush any ideas on a solution other than silocone which the old one had...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys, I’ve got a close coupled toilet wher the waste come out of the back of the toilet then it’s a 90 degree bend to the right where it goes off through the wall. However with the 90 degree pan connector pushed into my soil pipe, the pan connector end isn’t long enough to reach the back of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock