Search the forum,

Discuss soder bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
what solder bar does everybody use? does anybody make their own? or do you use leadlock?

soder? SODER?

<puts on southern american accent>

You done gone all yankee on us boy?

your officially not allowed to wipe a joint now. leadloc or transition coupler is safest bet.

your officially not allowed to wipe a joint now. leadloc or transition coupler is safest bet.

your assuming that its on potable water i still use solder occasionally on wastes and tank overflows if its easier than running a new one out of the loft

haha I did not notice that I miss spelt solder!! ive got a nightmare job on sat, involves joining into lead pipe, and as im 23 I don't have a clue what size it is!! so was thinking I would take some leadlocs and a soder bar!!!! haha (solder bar) I did not know that you were not allowed to make a wipe joint

Been a few years right enough since I last used a bar of Sodder, can u not get the appropriate fitting to go onto the lead ???

Your no longer allowed to make a wiped joint on potable water,
Just keep a selection of leadlocks to hand and a philmatic universal

Think you would struggle to find such a link. From what I have heard this method seems to have loads of variables and oddities surrounding it i.e. Mole skins for wiping joints and that when you join two dissimilar metals the action caused starts to push the joint apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soder bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock