Search the forum,

Discuss So come on the pro and cons of intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petertheplumber

with only 4 moving parts and no pressure switch. is it more reliable than a vaillant? open vented type comparison, please.

Be interested to hear your opinion mike as you are a man who knows his onions.
I would just like to say i have no experience with intergas so can offer no opinion but the company was started by a guy who worked for ferroli.......

The new modena also has only four moving parts and no divertor or plate hex.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

dont think you can make a comparison with ov boilers, its the combi where the intergas wins hands down

dont think you can make a comparison with ov boilers, its the combi where the intergas wins hands down

Agreed! Looks a compelling option but sort of shoots us in the foot for repair income down the line if the product lives up to its promise?

fitted quite a few, and you are right about shooting self in foot for the future, think all manus will start making them like this unfortunately

I think your all missing the point, okay no divertor. But are the other bits up to scratch, it could be an unreliable but with no divertor. The combis controls are rubbish.

I think your all missing the point, okay no divertor. But are the other bits up to scratch, it could be an unreliable but with no divertor. The combis controls are rubbish.
over 2 million out there and all still working why are the controls rubbish ? turn tap on and hot water comes out

Built in timers are pants, customers struggle to programme them. And the option for hw witha dry boiler confusing, the expansion vessel and the whole thing looks like its made in someone shed. The tech help line consists of one person, when I rang he was on his lunch break!

the positioning of electrode is bad for removal,but it can be done and same with pump. they have large bore copper to water heat ex so wont block up like vaillant etc

Built in timers are pants, customers struggle to programme them. And the option for hw witha dry boiler confusing, the expansion vessel and the whole thing looks like its made in someone shed. The tech help line consists of one person, when I rang he was on his lunch break!

Having said that, they might be dry reliable. Personally I'm not convinced yet, I stick with big brands. I think the customers are more comfortable when they've heard of something.

dont use internal timer use prog stat and how can you be confused ? they are easy to use, perhaps its just me , i dont think cust should be playing with them. tech line is great, they will ring you back if they are busy and they are friendly and you get personal service. Better than being stuck on hold on a premium rate number with a numpty on the other end

glowworm have a load of people but still takes an hour to get through, perhaps they are that good they don't need a big team, yes I have been on the Manu course and I intend fitting one in my home.

the worry i have is that they will get bought out and bang goes the personal service. Please, please dont anyone else fit them :)

If you have found these faults you must have put a few in, why?

Timers: doddle to programme, read the instructions, most custards want a prog rm stat so not an issue and they are more of a pain to programme.
HW only option, again a doddle if you can read
Looks a bit different, designed for dutch market, but its only o box in the end.
Help line, easy to get through, the guy on the end, steve is an engineer, and the funny thing is they dont get a lot of calls and if you need them the service techs hand out their mobile nos if you do their aquaint day. Most of the issues arise from installers not reading he instructions on their first installs. Great thing about only one guy on the tech line means they are pretty sure they have a rock solid product and hes not needed to much. the only issue I've had is setting the co level to low once in error which caused the boiler to lock out, my fga sensor was on its way out.New sensor and repeat visit and Ive not been back.

be interesting to see if other manufacturers try to copy as the patents have been taken out by intergas to stop them.

I fitted them because customer insisted, first tme I serviced it readings were to high or to low. Can't remember, mi,s said get engineers out. I rang them and they said ignore it! Tin pot outfit.

be interesting to see if other manufacturers try to copy as the patents have been taken out by intergas to stop them.

You can only patent the product, not the idea, hence why there are so many magnetic filters on the market. So if other Manu's wanna bring out something similar they can, the fact that they have not yet makes me wonder what they know about the 'intergas' concept that we don't.

You can only patent the product, not the idea, hence why there are so many magnetic filters on the market. So if other Manu's wanna bring out something similar they can, the fact that they have not yet makes me wonder what they know about the 'intergas' concept that we don't.
because they make a fortune on all the lovely spares that there poor quality products require ???

Now that's a very interesting observation. I'll bet most manufacturers test and inspect there competitions products. having said that what are worcestor thinking about when they design there's? How to Make it as difficult as possible to change components. Intergas,s design is a great idea but in my opinion floored by crappy design.

Dyson promoted his bagless Vacuum idea for over 20 years, no major manufacturer wanted to know.

Once he started doing very well out of it, they all became interested and came up with similar ideas.

The same could happen with Intergas.

because they make a fortune on all the lovely spares that there poor quality products require ???

Most manufacturers now give seven year warranties, Vaillant have announced it yesterday for there's, it's not in there interest to have to replace parts free of charge.

Now that's a very interesting observation. I'll bet most manufacturers test and inspect there competitions products. having said that what are worcestor thinking about when they design there's? How to Make it as difficult as possible to change components. Intergas,s design is a great idea but in my opinion floored by crappy design.
am glad you think that, then you wont fit or recommend them, am a happy chappy :))

Most manufacturers now give seven year warranties, Vaillant have announced it yesterday for there's, it's not in there interest to have to replace parts free of charge.
they are all jumping on the bandwagon, if a boilers good then no need for long warranties. and they do replace. ALL those parts. theres only 4 parts in an igas. they offer 5 yrs warranty and 10 on heatex

Dyson promoted his bagless Vacuum idea for over 20 years, no major manufacturer wanted to know.

Once he started doing very well out of it, they all became interested and came up with similar ideas.

The same could happen with Intergas.
look at their other products ? very innovative, and it is a very profitable company

they are all jumping on the bandwagon, if a boilers good then no need for long warranties. and they do replace. ALL those parts. theres only 4 parts in an igas. they offer 5 yrs warranty and 10 on heatex

So does ferroli on the new modena and intergas was started by a guy who worked for ferroli..... Im a bit concerned that its the same thing re-badged

Iff they have real confidence in there product they would be seven years or even longer. It certainly gives the customer peace of mind. It may sound like of got something against Intergas, I haven't. When there really proven and the warranties longer I might jump on the band wagon myself.

So does ferroli on the new modena and intergas was started by a guy who worked for ferroli..... Im a bit concerned that its the same thing re-badged

totally different heatex, and dare i say that the modena will/could be good product if they get rid of the crappy fittings that come with it. another downside to the modena is the bore of the heatex

totally different heatex, and dare i say that the modena will/could be good product if they get rid of the crappy fittings that come with it. another downside to the modena is the bore of the heatex

The 'combi' modena has only 4 moving parts and no divertor or no plate hex. They use a pipe in pipe system.....don't know enough about iintergas but it sounds like its almost the same........seems to me like its the same but rebadged ......
Perhaps im wrong....

The 'combi' modena has only 4 moving parts and no divertor or no plate hex. They use a pipe in pipe system.....don't know enough about iintergas but it sounds like its almost the same........seems to me like its the same but rebadged ......
Perhaps im wrong....

Those ferollis are awfull things, if Intergas are like that there doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So come on the pro and cons of intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock