Search the forum,

Discuss Snapped off shower head in wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Does anyone know how i solve this problem.

I broke my shower head the other night while cleaning it. The metal has sheared off at the elbow joint in the wall which connects to the copper water feed from the valve.

So i have the elbow joint still in place and secure, but it has the threaded bit of the old shower head.

How do i get it out without having to cut the plaster board out and start replacing the elbow connector ?

I have tried with some pliers and i got a few mini turns on it, but no further. I may need to chop more plaster board out.

Thought i might ask here before i go any further.

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

Have you got a big tap eg 1/2?

No i don't. I have been looking at "easy out screw extractor" vids online. But these tap into a mass of metal. I don't have any metal to tap into. I need to put something inside my hole and expand outwards and then i would turn it to bring it out, but i cant think what to use.

Hammer a chisel/old screwdriver to make a slight slot in the fitting you’re trying to remove. Then place a screwdriver in this slot and tap the fitting around - I have done this before to remove a shower cartridge.

Or maybe a junior hacksaw blade? A few strokes to start with and then get a flat bladed screwdriver into and turn.

SUCCESS !!!

I went back up and tried a slightly smaller plier. Fit like a glove and didn't need much force.

So now i need to buy a new fixed shower head, but i am not going to get one of the long ones we have just had with a big head on it. I think i am going to get an angled one as it will be lighter and less inclined to break off.

So for another question. Are there any recommendations for these shower heads? I have seen screwfix do some.

Reply to Snapped off shower head in wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock