Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss smart thermostats for multiple zones? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mark Rochester

Mark Rochester New Member

hi, I have 4 small bedsits, the heating (radiators) for all 4 is by a single Ideal Vogue c40 Gen2 boiler, I'm wanting to install a seperate smart thermostat in each of the 4 bedsits and ideally 1 in the communal area (5 thermostats in total), does anyone know of a system that will support this? cheers.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Would you want independent control of each room ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark Rochester

thanks for your reply, we don't need to control each room, just each bedsit as a whole, the plumbing has been done so that each bedsit is on a seperate zone, hopefully that helps!

4. ShaunCorbs

So each has its own port valve ?

5. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

As Shaun is saying each bedsit will need a zone valve for the control you are seeking heatmiser is worth a look . Kop

6. Mark Rochester

thanks, I think each bedsit has its own zone valve, i've attached some photos . . .

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShaunCorbs

Keep it simple then

Honey well 6360 for each room and a main timer

Don't forget your can't have a trv on the room rads just lock shield

Or go with a wireless prog room stat

8. Mark Rochester

the bedsits are going to be holiday lets and I ideally want to be able to control the heating from a phone app - then I can turn it on before guests arrive and switch it off when the bedsits are vacant. I looked at the Ideal touch connect but sadly you can only connect one thermostat! The Nest ones are too clever (and expensive) for what we need, must be a simpler alternative that just allows you to turn the heating on and control temperature (in multiple zones)?

9. ShaunCorbs

Heatmiser system you need if wifi it's a must

10. Mark Rochester

Just looking at the Heatmiser Neostat, looks like a good option, presumably we can use multiple ones with the one boiler?

11. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

12. ShaunCorbs

Yes probably need there wiring / zone centre as well but yes

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mark Rochester

Thats great, thanks!

All the bedsits have a small bathroom, open plan living room / kitchen and one bedroom, if we had one centrally located thermostat in each bedsit would that do it?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ShaunCorbs

Yes but if there's a rad in the same room must be non trv controlled

What's heating the hot water ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mark Rochester

the one bigger flat has the hot water from the combi boiler but the other 3 all have electric showers and electric water heaters under the sink

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1