Search the forum,

Discuss small district heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

washout

Hi, what qualifications do I need to install and sign off a small biomass/solar thermal district heating system for the RHI. boiler will be in excess of 75KW most likely log gasification. cheers in advance alex

It's over 50kw so you need to go through building control I think mate

MCS is appliance only based. If you can install the pipe work & the HIUs etc, then the appliance supplier will commission only the boiler & sign it off.
MCS has always been a waste of money, appliance & solar system manufactures will always find a way around it.

My understand of what iv been told by my boss is anything that comes into commercial biomass you don't actually need any tickets and that its a bit off free for all. And seeing you going to be 75kw I'm pretty sure the domestic to commercial is over 50kw so you don't actually need any qualification but saying that you should really at least hold domestic hetas so you have a understand (not saying you don't)

Yes I was always told the same thing by a company I do similar work for. But I was told that MCS doesn't come into it over 45KW

Isn't covered by Hetas either.

It's quite strange really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to small district heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello My solar thermal system appears to be leaking fluid (pics attached). Could anyone give me an indication of what the issue is likely to be and the potential cost to rectify? The system was installed in May 2021 and has a flat plate panel on the roof. It works very well generally and...
Replies
Views
Hi all , on a pressurised heating system is it ok to take a flow and return up into the loft and down again to install new radiator also would it be prudent to put AAV at the high point , thanx in advance . Howy
Replies
Views
Hi, gotta a bit of an issue with refilling my underfloor heating. Am I right in saying that the flow meters along the manifold should be on the top rail, but as you can see they are at the bottom? Also have I got to loosen off the electrical actuators at the top to refill the system? Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock