Search the forum,

Discuss Sizing Grant Vortex Oil Fired Cond Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to self assess the new Condensor Boiler sizing for a 18 yrs old built. It's oil fired Firebird Reillo has packed in. It was a 19- 35KW rated non condensing boilerhouse unit.
This is a large 3000sqft property with ground and first floor.
Considering the first floor with 5 beds 3 loos and 15 rads , My calculated estimate is 15KW
The ground floor has 12 rads and estimated 20KW heating load.
The property has already got S planned system with 3 Motorized valves and Honeywell planned hot water/ selective upper and lower floor heating selection with room stats for each floor.
I need advice about sizing the Grant Vortex Condensor Boiler which is the brand I want.
Would you go for a 26-36Kw (90-120) or 36-48(120-155) Model ?? Considering the split heating / full or half house load and the appropriate size of boiler.
From expert opinions I acquired , Condensor Boiler should be appropriately sized and should not be over sized...
It's really about choosing which one to go for ........ and the logic behind it if I may ask for future knowledge.
Thanks
A Q

Last edited:
Get your installer to spec it.

Especially as last month this was your house, now you are wording it as though you are doing this for a customer!

You need it signed off for warranty, so better getting a heating installer in at this stage to steer you to make the right decisions on boiler size etc.
Full heating load will need full size boiler.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sizing Grant Vortex Oil Fired Cond Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock