Discuss Sink for new kitchen suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

Are the Franke composite granite sinks any good (Undermount sink) or shall i just stick with the standard sunless steel sinks? If so any suggestions? I dont want sibk that's not very deep as I have a lot of large pans.

Depends on the work top,

If its granite or some kind of stone, undermount looks very good

If you have laminate then stainless steel

If you have oak ect.. Then china/porcelain sink like a Belfast looks good

All depends on what you want

The Franke composite sinks are really good, I've installed a fair few of them and so far haven't had any call backs. They don't do many sizes in the composite undermount though, just looked myself and the biggest single bowl is 540mm wide. If you want something bigger you'll have to go stainless. Also worth noting, I've recently just installed a black composite looking Franke undermount sink, only it was more plastic, to look at you wouldnt instantly notice, but if buying online unless you check you could end up with the wrong product.

Depends on the work top,

If its granite or some kind of stone, undermount looks very good

If you have laminate then stainless steel

If you have oak ect.. Then china/porcelain sink like a Belfast looks good

All depends on what you want

Thanks Coby- I think I'm going to go for quartz (another minefield research yet to start) - As I want a black worktop I did like the look of the black composite granite sinks just wasn't sure of the maintenance durability etc

Whichever sink you buy will come manufacture instructions, they'll be something on cleaning and maintenance in there

I know limescale builds up on composite sink but I believe that's prevented by washing the sink in warm soapy water once a week

I’ve fitted a few Franke composite sinks, I think there nice bits of kit. However one thing to be aware of (same with all composite sinks I assume) they seem to discolour over time than ceramic and aren’t safe for solvents. If you start washing pain brushes in them it’s I’ve seen almost melt chunks out of them.

I’ve fitted a few Franke composite sinks, I think there nice bits of kit. However one thing to be aware of (same with all composite sinks I assume) they seem to discolour over time than ceramic and aren’t safe for solvents. If you start washing pain brushes in them it’s I’ve seen almost melt chunks out of them.

Ohh that's not good - thanks for letting me know offshoregas!

I think the Franke compo sinks are fine. Look good for the price and easy to fit as any, possibly easier than ceramic as they lighter. Sounds like you might not want to get nitromors / acetone on one (I'll bear that in mind in future!)

Reply to Sink for new kitchen suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back