Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Single room Air con advice appreciated in the Renewable Energy area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Hi all, been asked by a client to install aircon in a single room in their house. There’s a loft space above and ideally the unit would be wall mounted externally and ducted into the loft, with a ceiling grill in the room.
    Thinking about getting a Daikin/Mitsi Rep out to spec it, keen to hear what you guys have done in a similar situation. Is there a renewable approach like an air source heat exchanger?Jobs in Oxfordshire if anyone local wants to quote.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  2. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

there are self contained units that are a bit like a balanced flue one inlet tube one outlet might be the way to go

3. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Thanks Gasmk1 - think I’ve seen similar to help recirculate air to cure damp in rooms.
    Don’t really want to bolt a unit on the wall - I’ll have a look and see if it can be ducted into the room. You know what it’s like these days customers want everything hidden!

4. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

Premiair Wall Mounted Twin Duct Air Conditioner with Electrical Heater (10000 Btu/Hour) - EH0533 aboyt £800

XPELAIR WHP245 DIGITEMP AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING abot £1600

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

us
    ed one in my wifes studio in last house it was pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  6. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Did this one last year in a loft office bit noisy if I am honest but pulled the temperature down well and can be used for heating in winter has a remote control . Kop

20180801_154804.jpg

20180801_131707.jpg

• Like Like x 1