Search the forum,

Discuss Single impeller pump ( mixer shower) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Andyh

Gas Engineer
hiya fellas ,
Been given a bathroom spec and it includes a universal single impelled pump to run a ( hot side)mixer shower valve... and been toto connect cold side into mains...? Is that asking for problems.. i.e. Unbalanced supplies

In short yes. I’d not be happy unless by some fluke the mains pressure matched the pump exactly. I’d push for a properly installed twin

Thanks, thought about adding a pressure reduced valve and set at 2bar to match pump etc ... probably saves upsizing storage tank ...?

Most importantly, it's not very safe. The potential imbalance can seriously impact the ability of the shower valve to respond to temp fluctuations as effectively. Normally with a balanced supply they respond with a second.

Personally I'd not fit one - end of. Why? As above PLUS when performance goes it will be YOUR fault for fitting. Cynical? Possibly, but tinged with donkeys years of realism...:rolleyes:

ok thanks I'll explain this to bathroom company and customer... , dual impeller pump and bigger cws is required
Thanks fellas

If you look at EVERY manus website, they will clearly state that CWS must be doubled for any pumped HW system. It also clearly states that the take off for the cold must be lower that the feed for the HW tank for safety reasons.

Sorry fellas but bathroom companies said their fitters use the cold main and salamander say it's fine , so I'm gonna fit the single impeller and get it in writing that any problems is their baby

If the shower will accept unbalanced supplies and has fail safe shut down if either supply interrupted, you will be fine. I have come across this setup many times and it works well.
Whole house hot from Monsoon 3bar single, cold from mains.

They will know their pump but they have no idea of the property and the set up that’s for the pro (you) to spec

:(Fair one pal , i will ring salamander tomorrow and suggest it's a " bodge " and see if they have a solid concrete spec that supports there claims... I'm the messenger don't shoot

Reply to Single impeller pump ( mixer shower) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock