Search the forum,

Discuss Singing noise related to water pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Interesting & nothing else was done to the system ?

Thanks for letting us know as others may come across the same thing.
Interesting, as you say!
I used to think Grundfos were the best pumps going, wouldn't have anything else, but a doubt or 2 is creeping in. The original UPS 15-50/60 I believe was made for 30-odd years, but the UPS2 only 2-3 before being superseded by the UPS3, and I've heard odd reports about the UPS2, one being that if it is powered via the boiler (for overrun) it can fry the pcb. I fitted a UPS2 about this time last year (before hearing the rumours, and it isn't run via the boiler) and it's been OK, but there is a slight singing noise, maybe like the OP described. Unnoticeable during the day, but at night though it doesn't wake me, if I wake I can hear it. And it doesn't happen all the time. Had it on minimum fixed speed, and thought it would be better on PP - slightly lower flow. Set it on on minimum PP and it was worse, went back to fixed. It's nowhere near bad enough to warrant changing the pump, but it's made me think.

Reply to Singing noise related to water pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock