Search the forum,

Discuss Since GSH been installed I’ve had 4 leeks. Boiler moved, valves put in the wrong way. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
please can someone help me a little. I am a council tennant and was placed on a scheme that involves getting GSH installed, first of all the contract manager came in and we agreed that the boiler be put in the kitchen however on the day if install the put the boiler in my sons room, later that night the boiler stopped working due to low pressure so someone came out and fixed it, next morning I woke up to find water pouring out my smoke alarm and light, turns out that they hammered a nail through a pipe, two days later the pressure bar was up at 4 so another engineer came out to tell me that the valves was fitted wrong and that it was contiously filling up with water. He moved the valves and then another leak happened, it turned out the repair they made the first time was not fixed properly. I finally get the boiler moved to the kitchen only for it to sound like a bomb was going off every time I turned it on and off, apparently it was something to do with the motorised valve slamming shut. The damage to the house is unreal so I contacted the council who came out and inspected the job and was really concerned regarding a condensate pipe and building regulations. They came out to fit the pipe and today I’ve discovered water under the boiler the condensate pipe was not fitted properly. The radiator in my living room sounds like it has stones in it, there is a sound of gushing water coming from the boiler. In 5 weeks they have sent out electrictians to do joiners work and plumbers to do electric work. My questions are. Did I need a condensate pipe when the boiler was upstairs? Would the valves being in the wrong place pose any danger? When boiler was moved downstairs should a condensate pipe and drain be fitted then and not 2 weeks later? Is the boiler noises safe? I have contacted gas safe as I am petrified but it will take a while for them to come out. Can anyone give me a lil advice please x

Put a formal complaint in with the council/company doing the work and ask for a completely different company to attend and inspect.

It`s gonna be one company has the contract will it not?
Yes mate. I meant to log a complaint with both departments as then the chances are better with it going somewhere. The council have power to send someone else out if they wish.

Thanks guys I have made a formal complaint and of course they did not react until I contacted gas safe company then I got 3 officials out from the council and then they sent out the owner of the company that was responsible for the disaster, his answer was to throw money at me and he had promised he would get everything fixed and get this matter resolved ASAP. But as usual they made it worse. They had no interest in my concerns regarding the health and safety. There is so much more to this story , fire being disconnected for a month, smoke alarm took off and exposing electrics for almost 10 days, skirting boards ripped out and not replaced skirting boards with nails exposed.Health and safety came round as they was installing it and gave them a warning for having no regard for their own health and safety. I now have to wait till Tuesday to contact someone from the council but the noises are scaring me. Since they changed the MV it takes the boiler 3 minutes to come on and off. I have had GSH in 2 previous houses and it was installed in 6 hours with no problems. The company itself is gas safe but it’s the cowboys that they are hiring that are not. I shall keep you updated.

Hi guys it gone from bad to worse, the radiators has very little heat coming through then so I bled them and noticed a really strong chemical smell. I googled it to see if it’s normal but all I can seem to find is that this kind of thing is common in radiators that are old. I’ve only had it installed 5 weeks. Have I now completely lost the plot and noticing everything or should I be worried. This is the 10th time I’ve had to bleed the radiators, again is this normal with a new install or am I just cursed?

valves and heat press x

285656AD-A430-4424-8928-DAA599984876.jpeg

2599164F-7933-4F54-A75A-C98FDAC39E6F.jpeg

11C9133E-5E5C-4E74-B775-DE4E2B386325.jpeg

807159B5-02C2-4173-B48D-6495E4C424F3.jpeg

E5B0FC79-004E-455B-93B7-CDE2067BB6EE.jpeg

6EE7664B-F8F4-472C-A1AE-7DD8B68BBBA8.jpeg

1B48AE16-F0A2-47AF-B65B-7BA5C504F0C9.jpeg

756F946E-5985-4A43-B623-CF6BF9F29540.jpeg

5644D086-C3A7-4594-9140-95DE8CB85756.jpeg

81DDE092-CCCD-421C-B5C4-C034D35F3228.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Since GSH been installed I’ve had 4 leeks. Boiler moved, valves put in the wrong way. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock