Search the forum,

Discuss silt in logic condensate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at a job where the guy reported that his boiler was making a loud vibrating noise when using the hot water, took a look at it and the boiler display was saying

Pump over run and
Fan post purge

Took the condensate trap out and found both the trap and the little rubber feed on top of the trap was full of silt. I emptied it out and cleaned it but i was wondering what would cause such a build up could it simply be due to lack of servicing? I suppose my main query is where would it come from, thanks in advance for any advice

IMAG0595.jpg

In short there alu particles from the cast alu heat exchanger and boilers with alu heat exchangers need to be serviced every year

It's from the heat exchanger, nothing a good wash through won't hurt.

yes im gas safe and did suspect the heat exchanger but wasnt 100% as ive only just started doing breakdowns and hadnt worked on this model before. Thanks for the help

you have to watch the sumps on ideals they like to split

why cant a young guy who is gas safe post a question to try and better himself without others automatically assuming that i shouldn't be touching the appliance. We don't all begin with knowing everything there is to know about boiler faults etc

Its the rules on here pal , nothing personal.

theres 5 posts only another 5 until your let in to the gas safe section :)
Cheers that would be very i helpful i suppose, as i said before im just starting boiler breakdowns, servicing and such, spent the majority of my time previous to this doing bathrooms etc

Cheers that would be very i helpful i suppose, as i said before im just starting boiler breakdowns, servicing and such, spent the majority of my time previous to this doing bathrooms etc
There’s six:p:p:p

It's worth going on the logic training day. Learn how to service them properly

Its normal bud they need flushing through on the yearly service i use a pump plant spray stick 3-5 litres of clean water through the heat exchanger from the top , you can flush the sump through with it to then clean the condense trap job done.

why cant a young guy who is gas safe post a question to try and better himself without others automatically assuming that i shouldn't be touching the appliance. We don't all begin with knowing everything there is to know about boiler faults etc
I agree everyone assumes that no one can afford the 2.5 k for a 3 week course apart from themselves!

I agree everyone assumes that no one can afford the 2.5 k for a 3 week course apart from themselves!

Don't think many of us have been on one of those short courses

Hi Michael,

The courses can give a good insight & initial qualification to work in the industry but as others will advise although you may have qualified it means bugger all in the field as you are at the bottom of a near vertical learning curve.

I did one of those type courses when i left my previous employment after 26yrs service but your eyes are certainly opened when you encounter some weird & wonderful things in the field.

As always default to safety & never be afraid to ask other professionals for advice & use the manufacturers/gas safe helplines.

Also having patience in trying situations will stand you in good stead in time,

Good luck,

Andy (Allgoode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to silt in logic condensate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it should be but I'm fitting an upgraded external pipe setup to include insulation. The inner 22mm pipe mates with the 32mm pipe just inside the house. It...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon Guy's & Girl's, So I have a Baxi 630i that is showing a e133 fault. Upon hours of extensive research it is an ignition fault that can be caused by numerous of issues. One being that the condensate pipe is frozen, given the current weather and climate I edged my bets on this...
Replies
Views
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from somewhere then it goes through the start up sequence. It spends a few seconds on the ‘c’ display before coming up with the F3 error code. Can anyone advise...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock