Search the forum,

Discuss Shower valve leaking from thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all I’ve fitted a new surface mounted shower valve about 2 months ago and since I’ve put 3 new one on as it’s constanly dripping from the thermostat temperature side. I thought the first one was dodgy but to have 3 new valves and still dripping got to be something else? Any help would be great. Thanks

Bad batch? Is it a shower designed for low pressure and it’s on high? Is there a fitting fault? Check with manufacturer maybe there is something that needs to be done prior to commissioning?

I’d be getting them involved rather than you trying to fix a problem which is clearly under warranty

I’d be getting them involved rather than you trying to fix a problem which is clearly under warranty
Agree, however to avoid a possible call out fee. Before you call them, I'd be checking that the shower is suited to the system it's installed on.
Have you checked the static/dynamic pressure against the requirements of the shower?

K-vit is completely cheap garbage. I’m sure I saw a pair of taps once installed on a basin and the label wrapped around the flexi hose stated ‘ not to be used above 3bar’

Now that’s just completely silly

K-vit is completely cheap garbage. I’m sure I saw a pair of taps once installed on a basin and the label wrapped around the flexi hose stated ‘ not to be used above 3bar’

Now that’s just completely silly
That’s where I was going mate. Just quoted for a bathroom and the customer handed me the K•vit book and had to say politely that I wouldn’t fit anything from there.

hi all I’ve fitted a new surface mounted shower valve about 2 months ago and since I’ve put 3 new one on as it’s constanly dripping from the thermostat temperature side. I thought the first one was dodgy but to have 3 new valves and still dripping got to be something else? Any help would be great. Thanks
Hi are the pipes which feed the valves do they come from ground (down) to up or up to down

Reply to Shower valve leaking from thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
W
Hello all. I have fitted three new Saracen timed flow valves to existing shower rooms. But these valves are still allowing water to flow from shower head and won't close off. I have tried various options and sorted other connections in the shower lines 5 on one line 3 on other. Only 1 new...
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from Screwfix but it hasn’t solved the problem it still drips. Could it be a dodgy valve or is it something else? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock