Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray drilling advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I need to find out if I can drill a larger hole in my shower tray, it’s size atm is 1 1/2 inches (38.9mm) and I want to make it 90mm to increase water removal flow

Is this possible

Yes...hole saw for plastic, diamond coated for stone. Ideally you'll need to reconstruct a false center for either bit to locate.

You may increase the size of the trap but if the waste pipe is the same diameter the water removal rate will much the same once the trap is full.

Are you sure it's the tray waste and not a blockage or restriction (too many elbows) in the waste pipe running away from the tray?

Would be a pity to fit a bigger drain in the tray only to find out it still runs slow.

What size it the pipe from the tray 32mm, 40mm or 50mm?

Are you sure it's the tray waste and not a blockage or restriction (too many elbows) in the waste pipe running away from the tray?

Would be a pity to fit a bigger drain in the tray only to find out it still runs slow.

What size it the pipe from the tray 32mm, 40mm or 50mm?

Hi thanks for your reply, I’ve removed the trap and it was clogged with sludge and hair
I’ve cleaned it and it’s a little better

My thinking was the bigger the trap the faster the water flow

The pipe is 40mm

Reply to Shower tray drilling advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock