Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Pumps: Monsoon vs Salamander vs Grundfos? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys!

I'm getting a dead shower pump replaced with a new one.

It's for a 2010 Aqualux Crysta steam cabin and the requirements are a Negative head twin impeller pump, either 2 or 3 bar. (only the shower will be hooked up)

Water pressure isn't great in the house, so a negative/universal head one required.

My plumber suggested Monsoon, Grundfos, or Salamander

I'm trying to buy locally from Plumbing suppliers, and narrowed the list down to the supported models

Stuart Turner Monsoon Twin Pump 2 Bar or 3 Bar

Salamander CT Force Twin Pump 2 Bar or 3 Bar

Grundfos Amazon Universal Twin STN2.0 Bar or 3 Bar

Basically -which of the 3 make the better pumps - Stuart Turner, Salamander, Grundfos.

My last one burned out after a few years of moderate use, so i'd like any feedback you have on the brands regarding their reliability.

Grundfos and their spec look good and can be bought at a very reasonable cost online.
I installed one a year ago and it impressed me.
No idea of their reliability.

I use Stuart and Turner pumps and they are superb, but expensive.
Note you need all pumps to be installed properly so they give good life

Definitely the ST monsoon, but as stated above it must be fitted correctly for long life. I’ve just replaced a 3bar one I fitted 18 years ago, annoying the inlets/outlets have changed a bit since then so had to alter pipework a tad. Hence new one is on a 4” concrete block “to improve sound insulation “ ( and allow me to easily shorten pipes rather than have to lengthen them)

Reply to Shower Pumps: Monsoon vs Salamander vs Grundfos? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock