Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Shower Pump Size in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Retroelec

Retroelec New Member

Hi
    I am after getting a Salamander shower pump but not sure what size would be best.
    I phoned them up and they suggested I go for their 3.0 bar one but not sure if this would be overkill.
    Shower valve is approx 9 mtrs of 15mm pipe away from the pump position in the airing cupboard and the shower is a 200mm rainfall head and a wall hose working as one or the other.
    Thanks

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What’s there at the moment? In a profession opinion look at Stuart turner first.

3. Retroelec

Retroelec New Member

Nothing there at the moment.
    Its the ensuite shower in the extension so its basically been first fixed.
    Been going on for a quite a while now we got most of it done and basically mothballed the ensuite till we could afford to finish it.
    1st plumber is currently working in NZ now, have called another couple of plumbers but neither bothered getting back to me however one of them suggested I get a 1.0 bar Suregraft pump?

4. Harvest Fields

I would say a 1.4 Stuart turner showermate if it is for only one shower.
    Stupid question but you do have a hot water cylinder (open vent) don’t you.

5. Retroelec

Retroelec New Member

Yes I have open vent cylinder.
    It is only for one shower.
    I didn't mind spending a bit more if it was going to improve the performance but thought the 3.0 bar sounded a bit too much.
    They all seem to offer rubber mats with them for about £30.00 do these make much of a difference?

6. Harvest Fields

They should come with foam or rubber feet.

7. bogrodder

bogrodder GSR

2nd Stuart turner

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

One shower 1.5 bar will do

Two showers 2.5 bar

Whole house 3 bar

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Note that the 3 bar pumps have much greater flow ability, - which might be an advantage because you will have the rainfall head.
    Normally I would say 2 bar pump is enough for one shower, but the rain head is making me think 3 bar an advantage.
    The Stuart and Turner 3bar Monsoon is top pump and worth every penny. The pipes for that pump are supposed to be 22mm inlets and 22mm outlets preferably as far as you can.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Retroelec

Retroelec New Member

Thanks for all the replies.
    I can still have access to the original pipes so would it improve the shower massively if I was to upgrade to 22mm and put a 3.0 bar pump in?
    It would not be any hassle changing the pipes to bigger but would you be governed by the tank size in the loft as I guess it would empty a lot quicker or is this not the case?
    Also I’m guessing I will need a negative head pump as the pipe feeding the rainfall head is the same height as the bottom of the storage tank?

11. ShaunCorbs

22mm into the pump would be great and 22mm out asfar as you can

And correct

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Best

3 bar negative head Monsoon twin pump is expensive. £480 at Screwfix

13. ShaunCorbs

• Like Like x 1
  14. Best

15. ShaunCorbs

Free delivery and that's why I get all my pumps from next day normally

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1