Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump advice and install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JD1

We have a gravity fed communal system in a block of flats. We are on the top floors (4th &5th floor). Main bathroom is 4th floor. Upstairs loo 5th floor. We have a cold water tank and a hot water cylinder. We are looking for suggestions to replace the existing showermate eco Stuart Turner pump put in my previous people. Something quieter would be great. Please let me know what other info I can provide

Salamander pumps are my go to pumps look at their website online , fitted quite alot and never really had issues when installed correctly. Kop

Screenshot_20190425-070919_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190425-070946_Chrome.jpg

Evening. Are you asking for advice or for someone to do the works?
Sorry I should have been clearer. We will need someone to do the work for us. We did have someone but we have had some issues with the previous work they did in the kitchen so unfortunately won't be inviting them back. I have been told we need a negative head but I don't know if that is true.

Buy a universal Stuart Turner twin monsoon pump. They are quite expensive but the quietest that I've known of. The way I look at it, if you go cheap on a pump it will be noisy and after listening to it everyday you'll soon begin to wish you'd spent a bit extra.

You may have a positive head situation but some shower valve manufacturers such as Hansgrohe stipulate that the valve only works correctly with a universal pump. With a universal pump you should be able to cover all eventualities.

Salamander Pumps have been independently tested to achieve the quiet mark award, making them some of the quietest on the market. The RP50TU (1.5 bar universal) is the quietest twin ended shower pump available. Give us a call on 0191 516 2002 if you need advice with specification. Thanks

Reply to Shower pump advice and install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock