1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Shower outlet product help! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Sarah_____C

Sarah_____C New Member

Hi I am a first time homeowner and am looking for a product which I can't seem to find on my own. Basically my shower hose broke so I took off the outlet, the hose and showerhead.
    I have replaced the hose and showerhead but can't find an appropriate outlet (right now the hose is just connected directly into the wall which it screws into nicely). However as there's no outlet the pressure isn't fantastic and it looks strange, I need a proper outlet.
    My problem is I can't find an outlet which will screw into where the hose is currently screwed into anywhere. It screws into a standard hose though... does anyone know of an outlet product that will screw onto the protruding bit of pipe which is already there?
    I bought this yesterday Wall Union Elbow and it doesn't fit, it's basically the same size as the pipe coming out of the wall. I need something that will screw over this on the back of an outlet... I hope that makes sense.
    Sorry for the shocking lack of knowledge on my part. Thanks

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Any pics of your existing set up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. snowhead

snowhead Plumber

Where's the old Outlet or what was wrong with it?
    Is it still in the end of the old hose?

4. Sarah_____C

Sarah_____C New Member

Hi thanks for replying. I don't right now but I will take a few when I get back in from work and post here. Thanks Shaun

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sarah_____C

Sarah_____C New Member

It was so old that the hose was completely stuck inside, I couldn't get it out so I had to just remove it with the hose attached.

6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

We need pictures really.

7. Sarah_____C

Sarah_____C New Member

Hi again thanks for waiting for these. So the first image is what it looked like before, this was removed and the not very nice hole in the wall is what is left. I added in a pic of the dial aswell to show the make. I already googled and they don't do the spare part I need anymore (the original outlet with the hose coming out) hope that makes sense. Thanks again

IMG_20190628_072827.jpg

IMG_20190709_214545.jpg

IMG_20190709_214540.jpg

IMG_20190709_214602.jpg

IMG_20190709_214605.jpg

8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

If nobody here can help you could send the photos to the shower doctor. Com

Using the phone or would add the link

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sarah_____C

Sarah_____C New Member

That's great thank you I will do that too

10. snowhead

snowhead Plumber

The Elbow you bought has a 1/2" Male fitting to go into the wall.
    You need a 1/2" Female. (yes they are standard pipe fitting terms:))
    The majority of fittings for this item are Male.

Looking at the one you bought, it may be that the brass threaded (nipple) on the back might unscrew leaving you with a Female connection as required.
    Or alternately the nipple from your old elbow is what is left in the wall and just need removing.

There are plenty on this link but most don't show the wall connection.
    Shower Wall Outlet | Shower Elbow

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  11. rpm

Nice link there

• Like Like x 1
  12. rpm

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sarah_____C

Sarah_____C New Member

This is really helpful thank you. Sadly the outlet I already bought doesn't seem to unscrew but I will investigate the shower tonight and see if there is in fact a bit of the old shower part left. Hopefully this is the case and I don't need to buy anything else. If not, I'll try to find one with the 1/2 female attachment like you mentioned. Is there any advice on where to find a fitting like this if the fitting information isn't often detailed on the shopping pages? I had a google and nothing obvious is coming up.

14. Sarah_____C

Sarah_____C New Member

• Like Like x 1