Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Leaking into the kitchen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Only said I'd seen it a few times, struck me as odd, now there might be a reason why it was done, so the tiles reach the tray rather than move the tray.

Vicdiy, your user name says a lot, just about every point in your reply is diy.
ie Check and reseal every six months? Are you for real? :mad::mad::mad:
Thanks for the patronising reply when I was just trying to be helpful. Maybe I should have called myself something else rather than Vicdiy to avoid such an unfair comment. I may not be a professional but I have done loads of jobs at my own house and relatives ( for no charge) and they have all been done to a high standard. Tell me what is wrong with checking and replacing sealant every six months when it can leak and cause all sorts of damage. One of my daughter's recently moved into a new house and had a wet patch in the hallway, although the sealant around the shower looked fine this turned out to be the problem,it took me about an hour to rake it out and reseal what is unreal about that!

Thanks for the patronising reply when I was just trying to be helpful. Maybe I should have called myself something else rather than Vicdiy to avoid such an unfair comment. I may not be a professional but I have done loads of jobs at my own house and relatives ( for no charge) and they have all been done to a high standard. Tell me what is wrong with checking and replacing sealant every six months when it can leak and cause all sorts of damage. One of my daughter's recently moved into a new house and had a wet patch in the hallway, although the sealant around the shower looked fine this turned out to be the problem,it took me about an hour to rake it out and reseal what is unreal about that!

Please read my comment Vic.

We do this as a profession. We take full responsibility. We can be taken to court if it is not correct. How many more reasons do you need? They, among others, are some of the reasons we do it correctly and to formal standards where they exist and industry best practice where they don't. Please don't go there.

Please read my comment Vic.

We do this as a profession. We take full responsibility. We can be taken to court if it is not correct. How many more reasons do you need? They, among others, are some of the reasons we do it correctly and to formal standards where they exist and industry best practice where they don't. Please don't go there.
We are talking about sealing a shower tray aren't we ? I wouldn't dream of commenting on anything requiring professional knowledge.

Hi vic, I was going to say post #23 puts it better but Dave has replied whilst I was away.

We are talking about sealing a shower tray aren't we ? I wouldn't dream of commenting on anything requiring professional knowledge.
Hi again vic, do it right once and it will not require checking every 6 months bud. That was the main stand out point and hence my post.

Hi again vic, do it right once and it will not require checking every 6 months bud. That was the main stand out point and hence my post.
I really enjoy reading the posts and comments on this forum as I like to pick up knowledge from those that know better. I think in future I will just read and not bother commenting. I was a senior project manager involved in multi million pound projects but I do realise that there is no substitute for hands on practical experience.

Reply to Shower Leaking into the kitchen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock