Search the forum,

Discuss Shower goes cold after 5 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone

I’m a novice in terms of diy but wonder if you can advise me at all.

I had a new combi boiler fitted in September and everything has been fine until now.

My shower is one that comes off a mixer tap on the bath. For some reason it now goes cold about 5 minutes into a shower.

My hot water comes off the combi and the cold is direct off the mains.

If I don’t put the cold water on at all then the shower runs hot constantly with no problem. If I put the cold on even just a little bit then after the 5 minutes everything goes cold.

If I turn the cold tap off when this has happened then the hot tap continues to run but the water doesn’t come back to hot. I have to turn the hot tap off and back on again to get the hot water back.

I’m not sure why this has started happening now. My cold water has always been high pressure but it hasn’t changed that I can tell.

Any advice of simple things I can try? If I call the boiler people to come out I’m not sure if I’d be covered as the hot water is fine without the cold tap being on so it’s not the boiler that’s at fault (or is it?).

Thanks everyone

hi everyone

I’m a novice in terms of diy but wonder if you can advise me at all.

I had a new combi boiler fitted in September and everything has been fine until now.

My shower is one that comes off a mixer tap on the bath. For some reason it now goes cold about 5 minutes into a shower.

My hot water comes off the combi and the cold is direct off the mains.

If I don’t put the cold water on at all then the shower runs hot constantly with no problem. If I put the cold on even just a little bit then after the 5 minutes everything goes cold.

If I turn the cold tap off when this has happened then the hot tap continues to run but the water doesn’t come back to hot. I have to turn the hot tap off and back on again to get the hot water back.

I’m not sure why this has started happening now. My cold water has always been high pressure but it hasn’t changed that I can tell.

Any advice of simple things I can try? If I call the boiler people to come out I’m not sure if I’d be covered as the hot water is fine without the cold tap being on so it’s not the boiler that’s at fault (or is it?).

Thanks everyone

These sort of shower attachments are not the best thing to use a very good risk of being scalded because you cant control the temperature and an imbalance of water pressure, you would be better to install a proper thermostatic controlled one, or an electric shower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower goes cold after 5 minutes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My hot water feed for my shower is on the left and the cold is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also stated in the instruction manual for my valve. However when I turn the mixer clockwise cold water is coming out the shower instead of hot water. When...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock