Search the forum,

Discuss Shower drain not running correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could shed some light on this one. My shower drain does not run when the shower is first switched on. A quick blast with a plunger and it will run as sweet as you like for as long as you want, but when the shower is switched off and you go to use it again you need to give it a hit with the plunger again. Could it be an air lock somewhere that needs plunger to over come it at first??

Any help at all is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

could be a build up of soap etc (a blockage) have you tried cleaning the trap?

The trap and waste down as far as I can get is clear. As mentioned once I get the flow started it flowa perfectly. The shower has a high flow rate and once I get the drain started it copes well with what the showee kicks out.

Hi,
No the waste is not on a pump. I am starting to think there is a dip in the pipe and i need to shove the water through it to essentially start a syphon effect. If that is the case I will just need to live with the plunger the now as the waste runs under the hall and under the kitchen floor. I live in a flat so no access to the underside.

The help is very much appreciated guys.

Tom

Hi,
No the waste is not on a pump. I am starting to think there is a dip in the pipe and i need to shove the water through it to essentially start a syphon effect. If that is the case I will just need to live with the plunger the now as the waste runs under the hall and under the kitchen floor. I live in a flat so no access to the underside.

The help is very much appreciated guys.

Tom
Has it always been a problem or has it started/got worse?

It has kind of always been like this but it used to build up and then start going itself. Only lately have I had to use the plunger to get it started. As in my previous reply I am really starting ti think there is a dip in the pipe. Maybe a clip or 2 has broke allowing the pipe to sag. It is really all I can think off as when I getting it running it runs perfectly, it just won't start draining without the plunger.

Thanks

Tom

It has kind of always been like this but it used to build up and then start going itself. Only lately have I had to use the plunger to get it started. As in my previous reply I am really starting ti think there is a dip in the pipe. Maybe a clip or 2 has broke allowing the pipe to sag. It is really all I can think off as when I getting it running it runs perfectly, it just won't start draining without the plunger.

Thanks

Tom
Might be worth trying a strong chemical called one shot but you might not be able to buy it (being a member of the public) if you can get it then make sure you wear gloves! Do not get it on the chrome! Just be really careful it’s powerful stuff! Just might be worth a try, if no luck then expose pipe where you can to see how the pipe is run

Reply to Shower drain not running correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock