Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Shower bracket - how to fit??? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. kasser

kasser GSR

As shown in the pic, this is all that was supplied when purchased, no backnut or anything.
    How do you fix it to the wall, brick or stud wall?

shower bracket.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Backplate female iron

3. kasser

kasser GSR

Backplate to clamp it against the wall? The part with the thread is too short to accommodate female iron + backplate + wall thickness...
    How would it work with a brick wall though?

4. ShaunCorbs

You would have to gauge the finished wall thickness and pack off the backplate to match eg set it the right depth for the threads to seat

5. kasser

kasser GSR

I think it's the other way round, unless I don't understand: thread part is say 20mm long. Female iron + backplate take up 15mm (for e.g.), leaving 5mm for the wall. But the wall is 20mm thick, so the bracket is simply too short?

6. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

If that's the case then you're in a spot of bother.
    The only way out is to install a 1/2" x 20mm m&f extension.

7. kasser

kasser GSR

I happen to have a radiator valve extension with me. Could I use that as extension? That bracket was just poorly designed in the first place I think.

8. ShaunCorbs

Yes you can or pack the backplate off the wall with a piece of wood 15mm thick