Search the forum,

Discuss Should I buy a Multitool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recip or snorter for me on floors couldn't manage vibration or noise after today. Fine for really fiddley jobs but day to day use regular toys

Get a Fein, great for cutting the tongues between floorboards without fear of cutting anything underneath. Great for loads of other jobs too.

Got mine from Lidl. ÂŁ30. Used and abused it. Will take most blades. At 1/6 the price of a Fein tool its worth a look at.

Oi Mark, Im disappointed you didnt follow my lead and aquire a green bosch one from a relative, it will be utterly useless of course, but will make me feel better about my own effort, I shall do my best to break your new one tomorrow ;-)

Look up saxton blades on tinternet for a good cheap alternative for blades.

I have ordered some Shark Blades, will see if they are any good, that's my main gripe about the tool, the OEM blades are soooo expensive and don't last long

what multitool do you have ? have you tried the blades from lidl ?

Last edited:
dewalt blades are very good, and very expensive (need a dewalt/porter cable tool)

bosch blades are fairly good, but very expensive

cheaper blades can vary from being as good as the bosch to not so good. Ive used a couple of faithfull blades which have been quite good and cost about ÂŁ3.

Ive used the fein and bosch blades, both expensive and I find the fein ones a bit on the brittle side. A sparky I know bought some from Saxton and gave me a couple to try. Went online at half one yesterday and ordered a pack of 10 65mm wood and plastic blades for 29.99 all in. They arrived in the post this morning before I left for work.

Well I have been using the shark blades for a little while given the price compared to the Bosch blades, I would say they are great. The only thing I would say against them is that they are very ridged but they seem to last a while and make a quick cut.

Would never be without the multitool now.

I've had the original fein multi master for years and it's a bit tired , time for a change and I think I'll go for the Dewalt offering which is on sale atm at screwfix.

[video=youtube;XIHshqaJphY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIHshqaJphY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Best thing since the invention on the sandwich!!!

if you can afford a Fein get one, I used a carpenters yesterday and it blows my Bosch out of the water!

Deffinatly one of those tools you wonder how you did without it. Ive got a fein and love it, I have used the bosch and Makita ones aswell but prefer the fein, made in Germany aswell. Shame the blades don't last so long but the saxton ones are cheap enough. I would recommend the depth stop if used on flooring tho as they tend to "burst" through a bit.

P.S can anyone tell me how I can get into the plumbers arms? :sweatdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should I buy a Multitool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
Hi all - Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others! So we are considering replacing the innards ourselves. I suppose the first question is: is that sensible? ;) Assuming it is, we have looked on various online...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
After some advice please. Recently bought some shower panels to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof trim I bought as didn't use it? How much of a problem is this? I was told by another installer that it should be used as external seals are no where...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock