Search the forum,

Discuss Should I buy a Multitool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have recently been looking at the possibility of buying a multitool, upto now I have not really seen the need for one but have had a couple of situations where they may have been useful.

What do others use them for? Do you think they are worth having or just something that takes up space in the van?

invaluable at times. blades can be expensive and dont last long. dont buy a battery one get a 240v one. wouldn't be without mine

Once you get one you'll never know how you managed without it tbh

they are great to have but I never use mine for lifting floors it takes too long and the blades cost a fortune invaluable for a lot of jobs though

YES YES YES YES YES superb tool, don't know how you have survived without one

Get the new dealt one from screwfix absolutely brilliant well worth the cash,I bought a cheap one a while ago and I thought that was good but the dewalt is far better. As for the blades try Saxon blades online and on eBay cheap as chips and just as good as any other.

Last edited:
ive got a bosch 300 240v and its really good, ive also got the dewalt 18v brushless and thats as good, ive also got a 10.8v which really lacks power.

i use them for lots of stuff, wood stuff! ;)

I have the 'professional' version of the worx, has a slightly more powerful motor, can get them for 70-80notes

I don't get it. Had a couple people tell me how amazing they are. Bought one about a year ago, used it once for something and it's been in my garage ever since. I've never found a need for it outside of the drill, grinder, impact driver, jigsaw, reciprocating saw and circular saw that I carry.

I used mine to cut out a plastic shower tray with upstands, no damage to tiles, customer was over the moon. Used again today to clean out grout on another shower job.

I borrowed a Bosch Blue 250W tool to try it out as I needed to cut a floorboard right upto a wall. it did the job really well. does any one have an opinion about the blue Bosch tool as I may get this one.

Mine is a ÂŁ50 macalliwhatever from B+Poo, I probably use it one in ten jobs for something or other, Compatible with Bosch blades but I still have the original blades for it.
Main use is to cut through floorboards or units where waste needs to go etc. The old trusty circ saw can't cut boards up to a wall but the multitool can. Even if you just use it for finishing where the circ can't reach it's worth it imo.

I don't get it. Had a couple people tell me how amazing they are. Bought one about a year ago, used it once for something and it's been in my garage ever since. I've never found a need for it outside of the drill, grinder, impact driver, jigsaw, reciprocating saw and circular saw that I carry.

That's because you carry all that stuff which is needed for your trade, I use my Fein about once a month and its invaluable but Im central heating biased so don't carry all your stuff.

I'm extremely heating biased and use all of those tools on pretty much every install. Except maybe the jigsaw.

Jigsaw is for building a unit to hide the intergash or atag eyesore you just threw in

I'm extremely heating biased and use all of those tools on pretty much every install. Except maybe the jigsaw.
Sorry, wasnt thinking, of course, floorboards etc. Im more servicing and repair so I dont need that stuff.

I've got the bosch blue corded, use it more than I thought I would,just make sure you register for the extended warranty, I didn't, and threw away a 12 month old only used for a couple of hours and gearbox went, ÂŁ80+ to repair! bought a new one and registered it. Great piece of kit

I borrowed a Bosch Blue 250W tool to try it out as I needed to cut a floorboard right upto a wall. it did the job really well. does any one have an opinion about the blue Bosch tool as I may get this one.

The Bosch professional one are really good. If you can get the one with quick change I would, it's got alittle more power and a better gearbox.

I've got the fein multitool. I use it all the time. It gets in the awkward areas that a jig saw or circular saw can't.

Thanks for all the comments chaps, its been a great helps in my decision.

Mark.

Mark,

I'm not pro plumber, but multitool is absolutely awesome. I got one from aldi for 24.99 special and i just get better blades (they are interchangable).

Well now I have owned the Bosch Multi tool for about a week, I must say that it is great and I have used it a fair bit, it is great for cutting soil pipe (which used to be a pain), and many other carpentry type jobs.

Fantastic tool, never thought I would use it but I have been proved wrong.

Highly recommended.

I was going to insert one into the builder today, he was cutting 2" thick timbers in the floor structure while I was under it!!!!!!!! Very noisy!

Multi tool is the way forward, like when I'm struggling with rusty flatheads I wonder " how could anyone survive without a posi drive screwgun?" When chopping t and g boards out I wonder why are these new? I would recommend a cheap bosch corded and ebaur(?) blades!

i would avoid cutting through screws with any blade you value, ie a bosch or fein, nails are fine but screws are made of stronger stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should I buy a Multitool? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock