Search the forum,

Discuss Shortening dishwasher drain hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carl01924

As above, I've just installed a dishwasher, I've had to run the drain hose inside the cupboards to the spigot under the sink, the drain hose extension is about a meter too long so needs cutting down, I can buy the rubber boot for the end of the hose from B&Q, it has a screw thread that screws into the spiral drain hose, but what's the best way to secure it jubilee clip, plastic solvent glue. PTFE Or any other ideas.

These are the the replacement ends

drain hose ends.jpg

They have left hand threads.. jubilee clip on the solid end over spigot I have used a smear of lsx on the thread and try to clip the hose to the side of the carcase so the hose is higher than the spigot ..regards turnpin:27:

Hi turnpin,

thanks for your response, if they are left hand threads, once tightened, does that meant they can not accidentally come undone? will PTFE have the same effect as lsx or is the lsx more like a glue? I will be clipping the pipe all along its run to keep it at worktop level before it drops down to the spigot.

Regards

Carl

Hi Carl lsx is similar to clear silicon only in a toothpaste size tube and designed for just these types of jobs you could try some ptfe and see how you get on as for not coming undone so long as you dont have the hose under tension when installing you will be fine regards turnpin:27:

Thanks turnpin,
I will try ptfe on its own first, if that fails I will get some lsx, I've read good stuff about it, or would you recommend straight in with the lsx with no ptfe.

Thanks

Reminder, make sure the hose loops upwards between the appliance and the waste connection not downwards and enters the waste connection from above or it won't drain properly and you'll get all kinds of nasties accumulating in it.

Hi sorry for delay in reply, been working 11.5 hour days last few days, I have some pictures of How I've plumbed it, of course it is now shortened and connected. thanks for everybody's help and suggestions.

Attachments

• Connectiontospigot.jpg
    Connectiontospigot.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 41
  • cornercupboard.jpg
    cornercupboard.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 41
  • hose .jpg
    hose .jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
An improperly installed drain hose is by far the most common defect that I find with dishwasher installations, but it's also one of the easiest things to get right. I was also looking for the issue helped me Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shortening dishwasher drain hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock