Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Old Account
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2K

Discuss Shocking- but desvered !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if he will ever pay that fine.
Properties probably owned by a 'soon to be liquidated' company.

In fairness, and I say this as someone who believes that housing should be properly regulated, with a kind of MOT for every rented home, at least a part of the responsibility for those awful conditions lies with the tenants. Doesn't look like any cleaning has taken place in those homes recently. Not that they should be re-let in that state of filfth.

The article mentioned that the state of the place was so bad it could not be properly cleaned. I can imagine living under such conditions would also be very depressing and that's going to affect people's motivation to clean too. I guess they just gave up or didn't know their rights so just put up with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shocking- but desvered !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for your advice... As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to vibrate. I have singled out the issue to the joists that the floorboards sit on carrying the vibrations throughout the house. We do not have hot water...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am solo tenant living in a flat. The bathroom is a horror show. Black mould on tiles. Water has previously come in from the flat above, requiring the ceiling to be replastrered. The fixtures and fittings are very old. But I have made do. The toilet is starting to worry...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I really hope someone can give me some advice! I recently moved into a rented property and landlord won’t pay to get my boiler checked as they say it’s something I can do myself. I’ve read the manual but it doesn’t answer my questions...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I moved into a house where the kitchen was moved from an upper floor to the ground floor, at the back of the house, so there was no existing soil pipe near to the kitchen double sink and dishwasher. In their infinite wisdom, the plumbers who set this up ran a very long length of waste...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock