1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Setting pump speed for UFH in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsk289

rsk289 New Member

I've just had a new UFH system fitted with a Reliance Thermomix control pack, which incorporates a UPM3 Auto pump. I'm wondering how you arrive at the best setting for the pump - it is providing flow to 6 separate pipe runs, designed as two zones controlled by wireless thermostats. I feel it would be best to set it to Proportional Pressure Auto Adapt mode - but I'm no expert and would welcome advice.
    Thanks
    Roger

2. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber

I have a feeling that constant pressure autoadapt is recommended for UFH?

3. rsk289

rsk289 New Member

Thanks for the advice - however since posting I think I have another problem as all the pump indicator lights have gone out and it is not running. Pressing the indicator button won't produce any lights so it looks as though the new pump has failed after just 12 hours of running. Time to call the installer back, I think.
    Edit - pump is OK - it was a communication issue with the wireless thermostat. I've switched the pump to constant pressure autoadapt and will see how it goes, thanks.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018