Search the forum,

Discuss Servicing of Ferroli Ecotop Pressurised Solar Water Heating System & Ideal ICOS HE18 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LRS

Hi All

I’m hoping that someone knowledgeable can help me with the following.

We have a 1 year old new home that was fitted with the following heating system:

• Ferroli Ecotop Pressurised Solar Water Heating System
o Aquacyl Twin Coil Cylinder​
o Twin Line Pumping Station​
• Ideal ICOS HE18 Boiler

The system is working perfectly, however the house builder has sent us a letter stating that both the Solar system and Boiler system needs to be annually serviced in order for their two year new house builder warranty (part of the NHBC program) to remain valid.

This request is completely understandable and I have no problem at all getting both systems serviced. This however, is where everything gets very difficult. I have tried in vain the find an authorised Ferroli Solar Heating company in the Berkshire area that can come and service this Solar system as well as the boiler system together. I have tried:

1. Ferroli themselves, only to be told that they only service their boiler systems and do not service their Solar systems. They advised me to contact the Solar Trade Org.

2. I contacted the Solar Trade Org for companies in my area and was told that they cannot help me with Ferroli Solar systems. They advised me to contact the Green Book Live.

3. I contacted the Green Book Live for companies in my area only to find that any companies in my area would only service those specific make of systems that they supply –which does not include Ferroli Solar systems.

The house builder (Antler Homes) has been no help at all and cannot be bothered and just hope I just go away. They have given me the name of a company which is over 200 miles away from me and when trying to contact them they are unobtainable, which would imply that they have gone out of business. But even if they were still operating, god only knows what price of call out they would charge for a simple maintenance call that they have to travel over 200 miles to get to!

So my desperate question is whether anyone here on the forum is aware of a good reputable company that is qualified to service a Ferroli Ecotop Pressurised Solar Water Heating System and Ideal ICOS HE18 Boiler in the Berkshire area?

Thanks in advance.

LRS

Re: Servicing of Ferroli Ecotop Pressurised Solar Water Heating System & Ideal ICOS H

Hi,

I don't see why it makes any odds as to what make the install is, it's probably re-badged anyway. Might be worth phoning a few companies in your area who do solar thermal from this site http://www.yougen.co.uk

Any reputable heating engineer can service the boiler as it is not linked to your thermal in any way that would affect the standard service regime

hope that helps

Last edited:
Re: Servicing of Ferroli Ecotop Pressurised Solar Water Heating System & Ideal ICOS H

Hi,

I don't see why it makes any odds as to what make the install is, it's probably re-badged anyway.

Thanks Sambotc

A good point... The Ferroli systems are rebadged RESOL systems or vice versa.

I will go through your link.

Thanks again.

LRS

Try searching on the Microgeneration Certification Scheme installer search site under solar thermal with your post code. All the companies listed should know what is required to service a solar thermal system. Twin line pump statiosn don't vary muuch. Just a simple check list for year one. Where are you based?

Try searching on the Microgeneration Certification Scheme installer search site under solar thermal with your post code. All the companies listed should know what is required to service a solar thermal system. Twin line pump statiosn don't vary muuch. Just a simple check list for year one. Where are you based?

Many thanks blakeecotec

Looked through the MCS site and Finally, after months of trying, have found someone in the Berkshire area that is happy to service both the Ferroli solar hot water system and Ideal boiler.

Never thought it would of ended up being such a nightmare to find someone.

LRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Servicing of Ferroli Ecotop Pressurised Solar Water Heating System & Ideal ICOS HE18 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock