Search the forum,

Discuss Servicing boilers with a long warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone have a service schedule they work to for boilers with a long warranty e.g. 10 years?
Changing electrodes
Clean system water
Adding inhibitor

Or just standard service and address any problems as they come up?

Best bet is to do what the MF's recommend.
Agreed when they give a fan pressure, trigger values or number of year between burner removal.
But I don't think any state when electrodes should be replaced.
Also I don't have any way of testing inhibitor levels.

Agreed when they give a fan pressure, trigger values or number of year between burner removal.
But I don't think any state when electrodes should be replaced.
Also I don't have any way of testing inhibitor levels.

I always go off the condition with things like electrodes. Visual and ionisation current.
You can buy tester kits for inhibitor but they usually only test for their own like sentinel for example. You could use the old fashioned way.
Jam jar half full of Heating water and a 6" nail lol. Leave it a day or two and you'll have your answer.

How many still use that method? or has it been lost and forgotten in this money motivated world?

Reply to Servicing boilers with a long warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating normally. Here are the symptoms 1. Signal from thermostat is not firing the boiler. It does not make any sound when heating is on from thermostat. 2...
Replies
Views
J
Hi. I moved in to a new build home and 3 years later (after the builders warranty expires) the boiler is slipping off the wall at one side. This is putting pressure on the flue. Not something I’m happy with. Does anyone know the guidelines on how they should be fitted? I want to prove they...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock