Search the forum,

Discuss Service unvented £££££ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Can I ask what you guys charge to service unvented cylinders?
It would be at the same time as the boiler is serviced (I charge £70 for the boiler)
New builds -about 5 years old

Did a Viessmann and an unvented together on friday , charged £120 probably a 12 miles round trip.
Guy 2 mile down the road has a direct 150 , usually charge £45 for that .

Do you find touching the PRV and TPR they continue to drip and need replacing?

Water my general area is really good and usually get away with giving the PRVs a few snap on and offs.
But always a scary moment thinking an easy job could result in time wasted with another journey back.
Had a lot of PRVs on heating systems failing when I test them though.

Do you find touching the PRV and TPR they continue to drip and need replacing?

Yes and if they do it has failed your test and needs replacing. I always kept a few spares in the van. Put into comments on service sheet that safety device tested and failed, replaced. Explain the situation to the customer too of course.

I helped to run an unvented course last week and that question came up. The shocker was the response from about half the plumbers there "That's why I never test them" :(:eek:

Last edited:

Reply to Service unvented £££££ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock