Search the forum,

Discuss Septic Failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I hope I'm in the right place. I'm new to the forum world :) And the septic system world... Or nightmare. I was unaware my home ran on a septic instead of the city. Also unaware that it failed over 2 years ago. My entire yard is feet deep with septic overflow. It looks like I have a pond. The fumes are overpowering inside my home. I have a 13 month old daughter, and was told these fumes are toxic. Should I be alarmed? Any information and advice will be greatly appreciated. I am one freaked out mom now!

Call local farmer or whoever Emory's tanks. Get it all sucked up. Then get a septic tank man round. Jays fluid should be weapon of choice.

Most things are toxic if you exposed enough! Don't panic keep windows closed on yard side. Get some one in ASAP.

megsican welcome to the forums from across the pond. talk to your neighbours good chance they are on a septic tank system too, ask them who they use for emptying.

All septic tanks need regular checking and emptying. As Steve says, have a natter with your neighbours, see who they use and set a contract up with him.

On the plus side all that fertiliser is going to do your grass and flowers the world of good!

It's not fun removing solids and toilet roll from long grass!

Thank you for the warm welcomes and advice :) I'm the last house on a dead end and the only one with a septic. I'm also the lot that is conveniently located at the bottom of a slope, graciously collecting all the rainwater as well. And Croppie, you should see the jungle my yard can produce in a matter of days!! And attempting to tame it has resulted in several buried mowers lol. So far I'm being told the entire system has to be dug up and replaced.

Ermintrude, the cover was taken off and the few times I've been brave enough to get near it, I've been dumbfounded at the things people apparently flush

Now you have all of us plumbers on edge.

We want a detailed and itemised list of all things you have found.
Pics would be good too!

Some of us plumbers think we have seen it all....but you never know.
You might have a real Gem or two in there!!

It has produced socks… dish rags (OMG if people used this when out of TP lol!)… A Barbie Doll head, diapers, pens, candy wrappers, and a wide genre of "personal" items that OBVIOUSLY do NOT break down… Please note, I was NOT the guilty party here lol. Just the victim. Mind you, these are treasures I've spotted from the INSIDE of my living room window while Septic Gazing haha

So it sounds like your neighbours sewage runs in to your pit . They should share the cost !

We want pictures of you hazmatted up as well.

Or bikini pics. Bikini pics will do...........

NICE! Although if you hadn't flushed those then where did they come from? Are you a shared pool with the neighbours.?

Also so is the profile pic an attempt to woo one of us in to come and sort it?

Any news on when it is getting sorted have you got someone in yet?

Crop I was avoiding lowering the tone but I'm with you all the way!

Bikini pics whilst stood in the sewage covered garden......

Now this is an interesting thread!

in other news check your water bill that you're not paying for sewage disposal aswell.
if you're on mains sewers it automaticly gets added on.

if you're not then they will conveniently charge you anyway till you notify them :)

p.s loving the hair :)

What your shouting at your mrs on phone while trying to open a pull door by pushing it?

Hahaha I love it here lol. I didnt know such a gross catastrophe would make me laugh so much. Not Flordia unfortunately. Mississippi I do get billed for it. And I'm assuming the treasure is from the weirdos before me! I SWEAR I'VE NEVER FLUSHED A BARBIE!! Haha.
Thaaanks for the compliments too. But no bikini. Its sooo cold!!!

Hahaha I love it here lol. I didnt know such a gross catastrophe would make me laugh so much. Not Flordia unfortunately. Mississippi  I do get billed for it. And I'm assuming the treasure is from the weirdos before me! I SWEAR I'VE NEVER FLUSHED A BARBIE!! Haha.
so how far are you from your neighbours ? cant the main sewer be extended and get rid of the septic tank?

Hahaha I love it here lol. I didnt know such a gross catastrophe would make me laugh so much. Not Flordia unfortunately. Mississippi  I do get billed for it. And I'm assuming the treasure is from the weirdos before me! I SWEAR I'VE NEVER FLUSHED A BARBIE!! Haha.

Welcome to the British sense of humour. We see the funny side to most things.

Unless they're wrapped in a bikini.

Then we just drool.........

It's ok, I've just had a butchers at the interesting bit of the Kay's catalogue.......

Normal grumpy service is resumed........

a8e8eges.jpg

So universe

why do you never give me customers like this?

i'm tired of middle aged land lords and builders....
what do i have to do to get a pink haired lovely* young lady as a damsel in distress in need of a tall**, handsome*** plumber!!!

*lets assume you are, if you disagree, i'll still assume you are....
** i might be stretching the truth
***this could**** be a lie
**** it is a lie

So universe

why do you never give me customers like this?

i'm tired of middle aged land lords and builders....
what do i have to do to get a pink haired lovely* young lady as a damsel in distress in need of a tall**, handsome*** plumber!!!

*lets assume you are, if you disagree, i'll still assume you are....
** i might be stretching the truth
***this could**** be a lie
**** it is a lie

Chins up Billy boy. Someone out there is looking for a 3' uruk-hai..............

Seriously though, you need to get Environmental Health, or whatever your version is, involved.

That reservoir of liquid poo is a health hazard.

Can we get a close up of the septic overflow?

Move out of the way...and zoom in!!!

Please keep us informed about the issues with the Septic tank

Other than that - with the Mods permissions - you could start a thread about yourself, and tell us about plumbing in the USA.

By the way Gasman - we call the 'brown tints' a
" Vegemite Stripe "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Septic Failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock