Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Sentinel deposit remover 50 in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. wnjswozo

wnjswozo Plumber GSR

anyone used this,
    Got a job, one pipe system,open vented , fully pumped ,3port valve.Upstairs rads ( 5 of )poor circulation, Luke warm , downstairs (, again 5 of)only one Luke warm.
    28mm one pipe system,22mm up to valves , no TRVs ,
    50year old system , boiler ideal Mexico, cast iron HE,
    Was thinking of putting sentinel x800 in,then just read about sentinel deposit remover , so chaps,any thoughts much appreciated, don't think PFlush any good on one pipe system, don't want to take rads off, awkward,& big.
    Cheers

2. Craig Watson

Craig Watson GSR Top Contributor!!

If the systems that bad is it really worth bothering with? Don't think I'd want to take rads off either but I'm not sure how well chemicals alone will work. I presume you've recommended a system replacement?

3. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Dont think I would do it bud, could cause more problems think i would drain it and connect up to the mains and give it a good blast through then connect up power flush and magna cleanse unit and run that for a couple of hours agitating the rads and pipework dont use to harsh chemical cleaner . Kop

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. wnjswozo

wnjswozo Plumber GSR

Cheers Chaps

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

KOP is right on and also get a strong magnet and roll it up,and down along bottom of the rads , loads of ferric sludge will come loose
    centralheatking

• Like Like x 1